ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Annoying issue BT Box

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
My flat mate has got a BT Vision box and all the time the screen freezes for atleast 5 seconds. It's been like this for a long time. Is this a common fault on the box and is their a way to stop this from happening?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've not had too many problems with mine although it has frozen a couple of times over the two years I've had it.
How is it connected? Via wifi adapters or a cable? That might have something to do with it?

They have just updated the software which seems a lot nicer now, menu is a lot better and it seems a bit quicker too.

I might look at upgrading the box though in the near future. Just a shame you need infinity to get HD :(

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
call the BT TV Technical helpdesk on 01324 452 112 (internal number ;) )

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've not had too many problems with mine although it has frozen a couple of times over the two years I've had it.
How is it connected? Via wifi adapters or a cable? That might have something to do with it?

They have just updated the software which seems a lot nicer now, menu is a lot better and it seems a bit quicker too.

I might look at upgrading the box though in the near future. Just a shame you need infinity to get HD 😧
Yeah it's cabled, it's very annoying the freezing. Yeah the new updates has improved the menu as their was loads of delay on it.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Youview box is a vast improvement on the old unit.

Is yours wirelessly sending the signal from the router to the box? if so, it's not ideal, better to have it wired.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Youview box is a vast improvement on the old unit.

Is yours wirelessly sending the signal from the router to the box? if so, it's not ideal, better to have it wired.

Yeah it is wired

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
When did the new software come out? Mine hasnt updated? Do i need to prompt it ?
came out a couple months ago iirc, my flat mate did it so not sure if it came up on the screen. I'm sure it would of done like. Don't even know if there is a update section on the menu settings?

Its has improved quit a bit, it's very annoying the freezing like