ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Annoying Misfire GRRRRRRR

Clio 172
I have noticed the last couple of days that my engine has a slight misfire but just at idle, around 8000rpm.

I know the exhaust had a blow where the centre section and backbox joined so had that fixed with fresh paste and clamp.

I have sonic cleaned my injectors, cleaned the throttle body, fresh gaskets on the inlet manifold, and tonight a new coilpack and leads.

There is no engine light and the car drives fine without any misfire.

The misfire is still there!!!!!!

Any ideas guys?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
8000rpm idle, wow. Is it standard map? if so they have a lumpy idle. Absolutely loads available on the search about misfire and lumpy idle

Clio 172
haha sorry, meant to say 800rpm haha.

Just having a mooch around the forum now and narrowing things down. Looking at an idle control valve next....

Clio 172
Haha map is soon!

Its a definite misfire mate, the engine and exhaust move a bit and the exhaust misses a beat when it purrs haha.

On another note, been looking at idle control sensors and a few posts have said that the phase 2 doesnt have them????

Clio 172
Yeah will pop over see them. Got a mate with a scanner coming tomorrow to trade me a scan for sonic cleaning his injectors haha

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You will be popular on here if you can sonic clean injectors. See what the scanner says and go from there matey, good luck

Clio 172
Yeah the plugs are new. I have even shifted the order around and still the same.

I have scanned it today and not a single fault code came up.

Utterly confused now - thinking exhaust or possibly lower engine mount (dogbone)????