ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Annoying noise

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Right, I have had this on my Clio since day one, but it was really annoying me last night!

Basically, when I go over about 50mph, there is a 'wind' kind of noise.

I'm guessing something is sticking out of the car a little to make this noise, but nothing is obvious after having a look.
It sounds like it is coming from the passenger side.

Any ideas? I had a search but didn't find anything really.

I know you said wind noise, but does it change pitch as you go faster/slow down? Could be a wheel bearing, see if it noise disappears when you turn left (probably this side if you think it from passenger side) / right, then reappear when you go straight again.

Looking for 182
I once read about a certain brand of windscreen wipers causing a whistling noise, I just can't remember what they were. What do you have?

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
It's coming from the door-ish area though, maybe the roof, maybe below the car, so unsure if it'd be a wear bearing. i will take a drive tomorrow and listen out!

Windscreen wipers are crappyish ones I think, standard with what came on the car i'm guessing!

GW 200
Wing mirror. Mine whistles between 30 and 50mph. The air traveling through the gap where it folds. Bloody annoying! :mad: