ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

annoying..

Nissan 370Z
you spend ages polishing your car, night time comes, morning comes, you wake up, theres drops of water on your car, and they dry and mark it!! prfff...why cant it stay really warm...come on summer!

Nissan 370Z
would be appreciated if someone wrote me a guide, not riches one another one including time it should take to give it a coat, how much wax i should be applying, cure time, what should i use to buff it off?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
read labels on products lol

most of them are haze on then buff off using either sonus buffing towels or chemical guys plush microfibres,
( using a Quick detailing spray like synthetic detailer or megs last touch to aid u in removing it)

some products advise buffing off soonish i.e under 5-10mins. after applying, leaving it too long can make it harder to remove in certain products and mean more elbow grease and more chances of swirls etc

what producst are you using?

http://www.carwashnwax.co.uk/
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb249maintain.html

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Rich knows more than i do about individual products so will be able to help more, i just know kinda basics

Nissan 370Z
only turtlewax black color magic and then tech wax from megs, its just dried water tho aint it?
how much wax you supposed to be putting on, i could be putting too much on, would love someone to come to colchester and show me how to do it properly. cheers

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i wouldnt use that tirtle wax product regularly as its a polish and from what i can remember on my old mini its kinda harsh.

water spots are just dried water u can get a quick detail spray(QD) to apply over them to get rid of them if ur that bothered but dont use this if the car is to dirty or it will damage paintwork

Nissan 370Z
was thinking of buying,

poorboys super slick and suds
poorboys polish with carnuba blue
nattys blue paste.

will that be ok?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
a good wax like collnites 476 will bead water nicely but in direct sunlight /warmth the water will dry up but with a good durable wax when driving it will blow off.

apply enough wax to create a haze on the paintwork,there should not be massive clumps of wax on the paintwork just a nice even haze, u do not need to keep going over the same area as it will just take a layer off.

get a good shampoo to clean car and a good quality sealant, Rich and a few others (and prob me in future) use a sealant called jeffs acrylic which will aid in keeping car shiny and beading

DSC00007.jpg

Nissan 370Z
what do you mean the beading? do you mean letting it dry till its like white on the paint? or if its white does that mean i have used too much wax?
is that collinite stuff used only when the cars wet?
cheers

RB 182
As Riz says you really want some Collinite for the winter months at least for the protection and then you can top this up.

I've been using CG Blitz and some times OCW which just keep the Collinite topped up. I would use something like CG Wash'n'Wax shampoo for the wash part.

Natty's Blue is good but you could really do with something that is more durable for the winter.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
any wax need a good preppd surface to work on so polish it then seal it then wax it , all done DRY. whiteness is probably too long on the car with maybe a moist surface and direct sunlight!!

beading is in that pic when the water beads nicely when landing on surface

RB 182
what do you mean the beading? do you mean letting it dry till its like white on the paint? or if its white does that mean i have used too much wax?
is that collinite stuff used only when the cars wet?
cheers

Beading is the water 'bobbles', see the attachment.

You don't let it dry just so that it is a haze. You only need a very small amount for a thin layer.

For Collinite it should be a dry car before you apply it.

Attachments

• DSCN1018.jpg
    DSCN1018.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 23
  Nissan 370Z
so basically you polish it, wait like a minute then buff off, if it goes white its been left on too long. My car was fully dry and was polised in the shade. cheers

Nissan 370Z
ill give someone £10 who lives close to me to come up and show me how to polish it, clean it, wax it etc, and let me use some decent products please! i need to learn.
thanks

don't
I'm in colchester mate

what wax are you using, the NXT wax your using should be really really easy to apply, if your using the applicator pad it kind of just smoothly runs over the paintwork rather than having to work it in at all

when using the NXT (which i may change from soon) I squirt a pea size blob onto the applicator pad

sometimes i'll add more to the pad depending on if its needed, you really don't need alot though

I was doing 3 panels, then after i'd coated the last panel i'd buff off the first, seemed to give it enough time on the paint before buffing off without much work