ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another 17 yo insurance thread..

Car  DCi 100
Best I have so far is Quinn :-

1859 TPFT, 2153 FC on a 1.2.
2104 TPFT, 2563 FC on a DCi 65.

That's with free visual mods.

Everything else has been 5k, Bell guy said it would be about 180 quid a month for 1.2, and alittle bit over 200 for a DCi, but never gave me an exact qoute before flogging me onto swinton, which qouted 5K, which was a swiftly ended call.

Flux flogged me onto Swinton aswell, Brentacre aren't open till monday.

Who else is worth trying at 17?

Going to ring:
Elephant
Brentacre
Tesco
Flux again possibly.

Anyone else reccommend?

The lady I spoke to on reception at Flux asked me some details, what car is it, "Renault Clio" I said, "Is it a Williams or Sport?" "No, just a 1.2..." I replied :dapprove:
 
Quinn Direct. Cheapest insurance around for me and a few mates at 17 last year and non-performance enhancing mods aren't charged any extra for. Give them a try!
 
Quinn Direct were the cheapest for me at 17 - £1700 (tpft clio 1.2) and 18 - £1050(tptf clio 1.4). 19 you can shop around a bit more :)

Mines due within the next few weeks, £650 fully comp clio 1.4 :) (with elephant)
 
Directline, i would also use gocompare etc

What part of warrington do you live in orford? They seem really high.
 
try a drive time policy with more thanits 40% cheaper and you get a free tracker fitted
 
Directline, i would also use gocompare etc

What part of warrington do you live in orford? They seem really high.

Orford yes sir, but it's a cat B risk area. There's R8's, M6's etc down here and a good range of Audi's, but it's hardly FH or CB.

£2500 on a 172 @ 17 is insane! Don't know how you got that, if I could get the same I'd save for that but no chance.

Parents say I must be on fully compo so, with them paying some of the insurance aswell, quite lucky.

Added my mum to the Quin qoute I got, £7k with her on the policy, £2.1k without!
 
Last edited:
have you tried putting your mum on as a named driver? Knocked about 15% off mine.
 
My 1st insurance was with Quinn too - stayed with them up until I got the 172 as they wouldn't cover it
 
Brentacre won't insure you unless you are 19 now.

Quinn were the cheapest for me, £1600 full comp on a 1.4 Pugshit.
 
Quinn tripled it with mum on... best off going on my own, would keep my mum away from wrecking the wheels into a curb anyway.

No chance of getting a DCi, definatly a 1.2, I really want a ph2 though :( Going to consider 106 quicksilvers etc but not what I want :/

Will try co-operative Charlie ty ^
 
Just to add, i had a Quiksilver insured with co op for £1700 at 17, mum dad and nan on policy as named drivers dropped it loads

Also, phone up, internet quotes are shite.



Rip my old Quiksilver
 
Just to add, i had a Quiksilver insured with co op for £1700 at 17, mum dad and nan on policy as named drivers dropped it loads

Also, phone up, internet quotes are s**te.

Thanks for the info on that, going to check out the 106 ones tomorrow, can't help thinking it's hell of alot safer having a clio though. Plus it no being such a small car, with less of a chavish look. Was it unreliable as hell for you or?

Thats also what I told my parents when they were like.. go on that comparethemarket etc and I told them it's a waste of time.

Abit annoying when you keep getting passed from person to person when you phone up though.

Adding my mum to it has only put it up as she's got 3 points atm for speeding.

It's all about spending the time searching. Found a cheaper qoute for my brother while online and got it 250 quid cheaper than he's paying now, stupid parents just accepted their renewal qoute from directline!

and the Bus, just doesn't cut it for me ;) Plus they're quite expensive these days. Been into cars since I was born so now I can't wait. Saved up 3.1k since september with my part time job while at college for it aswell.
 
Last edited:
Elephant have always been cheapest with me.

Also, phone up the cheapest quote, and tell them a competitor has beaten them by a few quid. Anything they knock off is better than nothing.

I did that with Elephant and they knocked off £150!
 
Elephant have always been cheapest with me.

Also, phone up the cheapest quote, and tell them a competitor has beaten them by a few quid. Anything they knock off is better than nothing.

I did that with Elephant and they knocked off £150!

They all seem to know everything tbh, all the cars I've got qoutes on with other companies.. all my details etc so.

I've given up looking for abit really, demoralised atm.
 
Just keep trying everyone.

Put both parents/older family on as named drivers, too. If they're clean, obviously.

Brings mine down by a fair bit.
 
Just keep trying everyone.

Put both parents/older family on as named drivers, too. If they're clean, obviously.

Brings mine down by a fair bit.

Mum has 3 points, don't know how many dad has but afew I think. Great start :/

Thanks for the kind words though, I won't let insurance beat me! :o
 
Back
Top