ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another name that noise thread.

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Hey probably a long shot but this has been doing my noggin in for ages now.

Got this noise sort of like rubbing on the passenger side, best way to describe it is like rubbing sandpaper. When I'm driving along it's fine, it only tends to only happen when either a) you set off after the car has been sitting for a while or b) going over speed bumps, even then it doesn't happen all the time it's pretty intermittent. The sound only last like 1 or 2 seconds and it's gone, haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary it's more annoying than anything, and in the time it's been doing it I've changed a fair few components, discs, pads, hub bearing, rod ends.

I know it could be a load of things but just wondering if anyone has experienced or heard such a sound.
Here is a small two second audio file (mp3) of it happening, happens at 1-2 seconds and it's very faint but you can make it out.

http://www.avalanche.im/dump/carnoise.mp3

thanks