ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another problem with yet another cat?

Mondeo diesel barge
I need some advice. Recently fitted a cat back on the 182, was replacing a sports cat that was fitted with the new exhaust. The sports cat was causing the exhaust note to be a bit louder, not what I was after. So I bought another cat from here, looked to be in good condition. Was fine after it was fitted, but now anytime I put my foot down it sounds like a swarm of angry bee's, please tell me this isn't meant to be case :rasp:

I had this same problem when I first bought the car. As I was driving it home, this noise started to appear, didn't like it so went off to the garage to get them to have a little look. They took the cat off and there was a lage hole on the flange of the cat, put the decat on and all was good. So now I'm in the same situation I was before, have I broken another cat? :rasp:

Mondeo diesel barge
Yeah it sounds the exact same as it did when i had the first cat on my car, big hole in that one. Well looks as though I'll try getting this one welded. Can't believe that's 2 cats i've went through, same problem with both :cool:

Black Gold Trophy
It may be that it's just not sealed properly with the cat back system... even if there's a hole in it, just a case of welding it up.

Mondeo diesel barge
Cheers guys, I'll try and take a look at it over the weekend, just need to find a welder now.