ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another R5 GTT Question

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

Ok so the tyres on my valver are 215/45/16 Will these tyres scrape at all on a Renault 5 GT? The 5 is lowered 60mm and I was thinking about the rear wheels catching on the arches?

Can anyone help?

I would guess that yes having been lowered 60mm they would definately scrape at the back!...unless any arch work has been done!

My mates 5GTT with my phase 2 16v rims was dropped at the back - but not nearly 60mm and there was about a 2mm gap between tyre and arch!!! And of course that was with 15"s!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

The 5 is currently on 195/45/16s and Its ok, You see loads on 17s (205/40/17) but im just wondering if 215 will be too wide!

KTEC site isnt working either - anyone got a number?

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

I think you will find the 215s will rub quite badly. There is now a 195/40 R16 tyre available which should not cause too many problems. You will still have to trim the rear bumper back though.

Our website is working fine again now.

David.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

Im hopefully picking a 5 up on saturday, but will have to swap the alloys from my clio 2 the 5. Theyre 215s. Can you run different tyres widths at back and front? ie 215 at front and 195 at the back?