ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

any 1 got a mk1 with a sunstrip

M

mouthyman

does anyone have a picture of a mk1 clio with a sunstrip fitted. i have just bought 1 but it looks to big for the screen, i just wanna see what it looks like on the car instead of wasting it if i have 2 take it off. thanks

Beetle
yup they work for me to.

oops hang on, they did last night, now it says access forbidden

Last edited:
  Beetle
you don't have to be a sheep to not like a sunstrip, its a matter of taste, some have it, some just don't;)

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Must....hold...back....

Not all of us are shallow enough to give the slightest f**k about fashion.

Damn...couldn't do it.

Punto/Clio GTT
ytt.gif

M

mouthyman

what height is that Sunstrip. like in mm. because i got one but it looks to big.

Punto/Clio GTT
so? just stick it on however big you want it? that was a 6 inch sunstrip. leave the backing on and put it roughly how far down you want it then make a little crease on one of the edges. take the backing off, stick it on the window then get a sharp blade n cut it about half inch too long so you can pull the rubber surround of the window over it so no water gets beneath it

Punto/Clio GTT
much easier with 2 people aswell, just get it level n however far down the window you want it, then cut round the edge

EvoVIII, Gsxr, BMW M3
Hmmm i've just realised how s**t they actually look, mines coming off tomorrow :p anyone know the best way of getting them off? (sorry for the hijack).

A silver Honda
^^quick edit;)

Sorry hehe, heat it up a bit with a hairdryer?

and some white spirit to remove the glue left by the sticker on the glass.

172 M69 eater
Remedi said:
^^quick edit;)

jus pull the fukker off!! its jus a sticker!!

then as above white spirit for the rest:cool:

Rb 182
Remedi said:
^^quick edit;)

Use meths as White spirit leaves a werid film over things.

Dave

Rip3z said:
Must....hold...back....

Not all of us are shallow enough to give the slightest f**k about fashion.

Damn...couldn't do it.

ok then forget the fact that I said that they have gone out of fashion - they just look plain sh*t !!!

Renault clio&laguna
here's a mk1 with a sunstrip, sunstrips are now something rarely used but in some cars they look nice to me
P1010261.jpg