ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any good Under seat active subs

Basically, I need all my boot space but want more bass! Im not after stupid levels of bass, just enough to give an extra kick. But I really cannot give over any boot space for an amp (its bad enough with an amp on the seatback).

Are things like http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/shop.php?category=%2FSub+Amp+Kits%2F&product=1204this any good? Designed to fit under you seat, apparently.

Im currently running an Alpine HU with aftermarket speakers all round though an amp, but Im at risk of knackering the speakers because I always find myself running too much bass through them... 13cm speakers suck.

Any help much appreciated! :)

Edit: http://www.alpine-electronics.co.uk/content/english/a694.det.SWD-1600_6-1-2--16cm-DUAL-LOAD-DESIGN-POWERED-SUBWOOFER-BOX-4-937%3B.htmlinky to Alpines site
[Edited by Ally on 15 August 2005 at 9:54pm]

2002 Clio Dynamic

Soz never clicked on the pic since im using my pals old toaster,think that is the only sub like that you can get! You could just change your set up,have the subs under the front seats and just have a set of components up front

Cheers WG. I think Kenwood do one too. Didnt know things like this are available until I read a comment in Autocars end-review of their V6 when they mentioned they had a sub fitted under the seat and I though WTF!? :confused:

Anyone got / know anyone with one?

Nice one :D

That first one (Alpine) is the one Ive been looking at - its only a 6.5" woofer though, not sure how much base it would produce. Saying that, I remember some company makes 5" subs for putting in doors...

The last one (Pioneer) has a 20cm (8") woofer so might have more oomph.

Im gonna try the talkaudio forum - might get laughed at though!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

So wish i had bought one....im not a huge bass junkie, so that would hav dun nicely. Less weight too.

Sh*t, just noticed I spelt "bass" as "base" in my last post - what a tit :oops:

You bought a sub, didnt you AJR? I use most of my boot space most days - not practical for me to have a removeable sub/box (I had thought of that tho).

Not getting much feedback from the talkaudio forum - theres another bloke asking about them and being totally ignored it seems!

Can someone with ICE knowledge have a look at the spec of the Alpine one (link above) and say if these things will produce decent sound or not? Im not expecting miracles in SQ, but a bit more bass(!) would be appreciated.

Arctic bl. 182 & pac

Dont laugh but I did a cardboard model :oops: for that last one (PIONEER TS-WX22A) for my previous clio (3door 1.2 16V 2002) and it was a tight fit. Atleast when moving the seat to allow passengers get to backseats. The problem was not only the height but the width and depth did not allow the woofer to sink all the way to the bottom of the space under seat.

Dunno about sound quality, I aint so bass enthusiastic either.