ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any old guys out there?

phase 1 flamer 172
Bought my phase 1 at 54, sold it at 64, didnt feel too old for it at all, although i do feel too old for the 2 seater i replaced it with, just cannot get out of it with any dignity.

clio 200
69 soon to be 70
Love my modded 200 cup to bits, nice and stiff. Bit of a bummer though if you have a full bladder.
Always had hardcore cars. My fav daily was a full race mini (classic) 1340cc med, straight cut box and drops/ultra light flywheel with comp clutch (in or out no slip) 45 weber.
Deafening, but i would say 0-60 was quicker than the clio. ticked over nicely at 2500rpm.
My wife says why don't you get a nice sensible wheelchair wid a roof like the neighbours have..

Clio 182
Good to see more of the older generation on here, didn't expect that!
I didn't feel too old when I bought my 182 new.. we've both aged a lot since.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
54.. Built my 172 cup track car over the last couple years.. Ive still got plenty of energy to man handle this beast around..
425891ec45e4c7b25bd72ebb0a573056.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Clio 197,with megan'
Too many mid age teenagers on here, grow up people. Just a minute, how old am I, and what car do I drive?!. ( Pot calling the Kettle black?.) ,or in this day and age, pot calling the kettle any colour, gender you like.

Simbo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
I’m fast approaching 62 years young and I’ve had my 172 Cup for 2 years... and I love it. Lowered springs, racing seat n harness, induction kit. You’re never too old! Was at Thruxton a couple of weeks ago, on a very hot Monday, with my son in his black 182 with green wheels. Sounds like one or two of you guys were there too....

What moisturiser do you use?

A mixture of gearbox oil, race fuel, Mobil 1 and general workshop grime 😂

I'm just lucky and always had a baby face + still keep quite active with mountain biking etc so I'm still the same 10.5 stone streak of piss I've been since a teenager.

I stopped getting asked for id as a few grey hairs have appeared now 😥

perazzi

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Having replied earlier (65), I wonder what the real average age of the owners of 1*2's are??

Are there still kids (sorry) driving these??

Golf
A mixture of gearbox oil, race fuel, Mobil 1 and general workshop grime 😂

I'm just lucky and always had a baby face + still keep quite active with mountain biking etc so I'm still the same 10.5 stone streak of piss I've been since a teenager.

I stopped getting asked for id as a few grey hairs have appeared now 😥

Just to deal with a couple of your points, I've had grey(ing) hair since about 24, so at had some grey hair for over half my life already 😭

...most importantly, I'm also still a 10.5 stone streak of piss, unfortunately I'm carrying a 3 stone combination of moobs and food-baby around as well! At least only bits of me have got fat...

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
56 years young and having the time of my life.

Amongst my other cars I run a Clio Sport 182 FF as a daily and a tricked out BG 182 for track kicks.

One of the great things I love about Motorsport/trackdays or people who have a real appreciation for cars, is they don't give a stuff how old you are. We're here for a good time, not a long time.
IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

Clio 197,with megan'
I am at Anglesea on 14 June, and need a man,( Sorry, any Gender!!.) to run in front of the car with a red flag. Free food/drink, bring your own red flag.

HK52 VLW 172 Cup
57 172 Cup Daily. Bought the car back from the guy I sold it too after being without it for a year.

3 month's in, I've had the Feds on my 6 with beef coz me blazing in da whip, booming in Mackee D's innit though isit:cool: