ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

any tips on removing the front lamba sensor?

It's not been welded in has it? When I had my decat pipe made up at Prospeed the 2nd lamba sensor had been welded in because some dumb arse had cross threaded it and took all the thread off it.

Volvo S60 T5
best advise is do it when the car is cold!
I hate it when people come in for this job and expect it done within an hour, many a time I have ended up with a great big blister on my hand.
Use a proper oxygen sensor socket and it will be easy to remove, forget spanners and normal sockets correct tool for the job works wonders.

ibiza cupra
was just asking as if they do i was going to get one tomorrow and get it done ready for when i need it for work.

ITB'd MK1
I dont like lambda sensor sockets personally. I've found them to open up and slip, pretty much every time i've tried to use one. If you really need a socket on there (and he sensor is dead) a normal 22mm deep socket will be the best thing once you've snipped the wires off

ibiza cupra
sound just dont want to snip the wires then still not be able to get it out and not be able to drive the car as i need it for work and stuff.

ibiza cupra
i can still drive it but its hesitating to accelirate everynow and then and holding the revs at about 3000, and chugging along thena ll of a sudden it will just shoot off and be fine for a bit untill it does it again. but if i snip the wires then it wont work at all or will it?

ITB'd MK1
unplug the sensor first, It should revert to a safe map (not economical) having a faulty sensor plugged in can often cause a lot of problems, you'll be better off with nothing for a short period.

ibiza cupra
nice one ill give it a try tomorrow and see how it goes. if it makes no difference then ill just give it a chop and get a socket on it and hopefully that will do it.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
kevin.s - your the guy that came in for this lambda yesterday werent you??

ibiza cupra
that would be me mate haha its a small world.
spose i could put you in the spotted section now lol. nice looking motor by the way.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
ha it is indeed. did you go and have a look at it?

you get lambda sorted?

ibiza cupra
na didnt go and look at it but did see it parked up.
got it sorted yestaday after work on a ramp. couldnt get enough leverage with the car on a trolly jack so i left it till i could use the 4 poster at work lol. was talking to a chap at work about getting it from you guys and he said that i should have told you where i work and i would have got a bigger discount as we have an account with you lol. oh well ill know for next time.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
ha yeah no worries. where do you work? tbf you got trade price anyways!

ibiza cupra
i work at nationwide crash repair in tamworth. chap i was speaking to is called mick grogan (if you know him)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
i dont know mick no sorry. if you need anything again we can deliver out to you, you've got an account on system so can get most things sorted!

ibiza cupra
sound ill be in touch when the next thing falls apart on it then lol.
do you do brembo high carbon disks and stuff like that too?

PH1 172 Sport
Covered mine in WD40 and left it overnight. It came off pretty easily with a large spanner after that.

ibiza cupra
done it now mate. just needed to get into the right posision to get the leverage i needed but couldnt do it whislt it was on a trolly jack