ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

any1 up on surround sound/blu ray please help!

got a really annoying problem here, its my mum and dads surround set up.

theyve got a panasonic scpt467 all in one surround sound system alongside a samsung blu ray and plasma. the problem is that some blu rays will play absolutely fine with sound but some will only play sound at the intro bit and the disc menu but as soon as you hit play to go into the film there is no sound.

i have the same tv and player at home but i have a different surround set up and all the titles work absolutely fine.

anyone know what the problem might be? ive tried tinkering with the bitstream/pcm settings but nothing helps

cheers

Megane
Maybe the Samsung is sending out DTS and the Surround Sound can't decode DTS, try flicking through the audio options, should be a few English options, one should work and just give you regular DD 5.1, one may just give you 2.1/2.0

Maybe the Samsung is sending out DTS and the Surround Sound can't decode DTS, try flicking through the audio options, should be a few English options, one should work and just give you regular DD 5.1, one may just give you 2.1/2.0

thats what i thought i could be, thing is the receiver accepts dts, its got the dts logo on top beside the dolby digital etc

you mean the audio options in the bluray menu? the one we're trying just now is taken and it only has the dts hd option then the rest are german etc..

also have you tried updating the software on the blu ray player?

not gave that a bash yet but theres is newer than mine so id imagine we have the same firmware, i think the problem lies in the receiver, just cant source it :(