ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone Deployed Windows 7?

2000 Clio 172
Has anyone deployed windows 7 at work yet? If so how did you get around the problem of the 'Show Characters' for the wireless profiles?

Thanks

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Has anyone deployed windows 7 at work yet? If so how did you get around the problem of the 'Show Characters' for the wireless profiles?

Thanks

I'm in the process of testing it just now.. will probably be about 6 months before I consider deploying it though.

What is the problem with the wireless profiles ? The only issue I have come across so far with 7 is that Notes 8.5.1 Single Sign On doesn't work and that IBM don't care lol and a few other minor niggles.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
We're starting to do a test deployment in the next few weeks

Holy s**t, another Notes user

Hateful piece of software

Better than yours. C*nt.
I think the issue is he's not using 802.1X to secure his wireless, he uses a key which he doesn't want people to be able to see - am I right?

2000 Clio 172
Bollox to that.. certificate based PEAP CHAP2 RADIUS against IAS FTW !

Its the way forward, my company requires users to have local admin due to the nature of the work, we send engineers all round the world from comfy offices in Vancouver to Mines in Sierra Leon, if they need to install an app they need to install an app.
Problem is all users can see the wireless key and this is not a good thing as you can well imagine...

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
^ Ye, most people have 'run' it or are running it.. but have you deployed 7 and if so did you come across any issues not already mentioned ?

DCi
not having a wireless network at all ftw!

we are back on windows xp / office 2003 though so we are miles behind the world.

infact i installed office 97 on a pc today but apparently we have to for some weird db. :S

Rav4
Not sure most equipment could handle it where I work, hence still on XP.

When I change our systems, the virtualised desktops will run on 7.