ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone drive a mk1 clio on here

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Yeah fair few of us about, there's a MK1 thread in media forum.

Mines mainly track car but does get used on the road too

2022-08-22_04-54-13.jpg

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
I just wondered if there were any members on here running a mk1 clio on the road I know there is an Rsi track car build but there’s not much else I have seen.
I have a mk1 16v, although it's currently not on the road nor has it been yet in my ownership, hopefully will fix that in the not to distant future will see what happens 😂

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
It seems like that’s the case with most mk1 owners, I’m driving one as a daily except when they grit the roads and I’m really impressed at how comfortable and quick it’s is.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
It seems like that’s the case with most mk1 owners, I’m driving one as a daily except when they grit the roads and I’m really impressed at how comfortable and quick it’s is.
Am hoping it will be back on the road this year, it's not been on the road since 2012 so it's been a while :) not that I have owned it that long, am looking forward to taking it for it's maiden spin, love the mk1's

16V F7R

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16V
It looks ok from a distance😂
I removed the sunroof, refitted it. Siliconed it shut and it still leaks. Got a mint roof and rails, I need a roof liner though.
29944B88-0C88-4070-B0E5-243353A9354C.jpeg

Clio Williams 3
It looks ok from a distance😂
I removed the sunroof, refitted it. Siliconed it shut and it still leaks. Got a mint roof and rails, I need a roof liner though.View attachment 1628545

I have a MK1 and had the dreaded sunroof leak. have you looked at the arial? the rubber seal between the base of the arial and the roof can perish and water gets in then drips in through the roof console/interior lights. I got a new rubber off ebay and put a bit of silicone in and it worked for me

16V F7R

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16V
I know what you mean. I did that with my punto gt back in the day and it cured it. On the valver I have replaced the aerial for a new one.

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
I have a MK1 and had the dreaded sunroof leak. have you looked at the arial? the rubber seal between the base of the arial and the roof can perish and water gets in then drips in through the roof console/interior lights. I got a new rubber off ebay and put a bit of silicone in and it worked for me
I did the same, a couple of weeks ago, Mine doesn`t have any drain holes as standard so it really needs to be water tight both on the body to frame but also the rubber seal pressed against the glass.