ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone else done this....

Quote: Originally posted by Danny P on 11 January 2005

How much weight do you think Id save on seats mate?

a fair bit, they are quite heavy seats and have the additional weight of the airbag in the side too.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

To give you a idea Danny, my (cheap) Cobra Monacos are 10kgs each, IIRC the standard seats are 20-25kg+....

[Edited by Martin. on 11 January 2005 at 4:04pm]

get carbon bonnet.

i would show pics of mine which is stripped of carpet, sound-deadening etc, but... webserver died yesterday :-(

/y0z

[Edited by y0z2a on 1/11/2005 4:10:20 PM]

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

When I stripped mine out for Crail it made 0.8 second difference on the 1/4 mile from normal. Mind you mines normally heavier than normal as ive got a sub, 2 false floors and a amp in the boot and its only a 1.4 8v! Huge difference.

airbag wont go off, if you are really worried then disconnect the battery a couple of hours beforehand so any residual charge is gone. Im currently trying to sort out a loom to get the airbag light off on the dash before ordering mine.

yeah ive got my clio stripped now - stereo, seats, carpet,spare wheel - jus 2 buckets and 4point harnesses!

just waitin to finish me engine rebuild now to notice the difference! :(

big red bus

I like that like that, jus need rear windows tinted, Better to keep ur seats with airbags IMO unless you want Buckets + a roll cage.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

iv put door cards and carpet back in lately! didnt like driving the car daily stripped out the the max, so its a bit comfier now. they weigh sod all anyway!

iv got a cage to go in, just thinking about the extra 20kg(ish) of weight!!