ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone else had 2 alternators go within 15 months of eachother?

Clio 172 Phase II
I had one go last year and now I have just had another go. This is 35,000 miles ago, but still, it should last a bit longer than that. Any clues? What may be causing it? Cheers!

Clio 172 Phase II
I haven't had the one that's gone today fixed as yet, so I don't think it's to do with the bloke that did it. Oh well.....I am gonna get this done and then i will maybe sell it the next time something else goes wrong. It costs me over a grand a year in repairs I reckon, mind you I do massive mileage in it.

Clio 172 Phase II
I'm not sure where the last replacement one was from but it cost the normal going rate. I guess it could have been a poorly refurbed one. Bit of a drag.

340i
I had 3 go in 6 months, crappy refurb items.

Fitted a genuine Valeo and had no problems at all.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Times are hard for everyone mate but buy cheap, buy twice (or three times in your case).

Buy a genuine Valeo refurb from Renault... You might be surprised at the price ;)

Mick

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
I've had 2 go in under 2 weeks. LOL

One was 2 years old and died on the dyno, the other one was a 10 year old cup one so not all that amazing. They are fairly s**t though

Clio 172 Phase II
Although having said that , the one that went wasn't cheap, It was brand new and failed

Times are hard for everyone mate but buy cheap, buy twice (or three times in your case).
ough having said ts
Buy a genuine Valeo refurb from Renault... You might be surprised at the price ;)

Mick