ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone else having problems with Gmail today?

Bus w**ker
My Gmail (exchange) has been working fine since I got my phone, but today for some reason I've had no mail at all through it.

I've had no error messages all day but just started trying to sort it and now all I get when I go in to the mail app is "Cannot Get Mail The connection to the server failed". I've tried changing the 2 step verification password through my Google account, rebooting the phone, disabling 'mail' for my Gmail account on the device and re-enabling it, deleting the account and adding it, disabling 2 step verification, shouting at my phone and even sulking. Nothing is fixing it.

I can sync my contacts fine through Gmail as always and my calendars work (I can add and delete entries) it's just my mail. :dapprove: My other email accounts are all pushing my spam out too me and I can send through them too, just Gmail that won't play nicely.

Is it just me?

*Edit - And I've googled everything I can think of too with no joy.

Forgot I've also unlocked my Google account (No clue if it was locked but Apple said to try it) and my Gmail account is working flawlessly on my PC. Just my stupid phone that won't do as it's told.

Last edited:
  Bus w**ker
FOR f***s SAKE! (FFS for the kids)

Can't for the life of me figure out what's up with it, doing the same thing on wifi or 3G, or why it's just decided to start today. Really can't be bothered to try a restore on it but I can't think of what else there is left to try.

Bus w**ker
In a huff I did a restore, hence the big delay, and it did nothing lol.

Bizarrely though IMAP works flawlessly, but exchange is still dead but only for mail. :S This is giving me a headache.

Bus w**ker
If you've got 2 step verification on you've probably hit the 30 day cycle, so you'll need to sign in to Gmail through a browser and generate a new one. Then put that in to your iPhone.

Bus w**ker
And as if by magic it's fixed itself over night. :S Can only think that I'd some how locked out exchange.

Bus w**ker
So my iPads just arrived...and now it's giving me the same s**t but my iPhone is fine :(. Doing my f**king nut in I've created and recreated the account god knows how many times, even once on my phone and that worked straight away, and opened every port known to man on my router but still the same unhelpful error message. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH!

Bus w**ker
I am, but this is common knowledge.

Already tried resetting sessions, unlocking my gMail account and disabling 2 step verification with no joy.

Just reset sessions and unlocked again before changing the DNS and still 'Cannot Get Mail' :(. IMAP works flawlessly though FFS.

Bus w**ker
Yeah exchange with the identical settings as my phone, use GMail for mail, contacts and calendar and exchange does what I need with no additional apps or messing about.

I did wonder if there was some stupidly low limit but at the most I've got my iPhone and Gmail Notifier on my PC connected. I'm thinking I should just stop messing and leave it alone, seemed to fix it on my iPhone when I was having issues there.