ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone gone from a MK5 GTi to a 182?

2004 Racing Blue 182
looking at selling the GTi on and replacing with a 182. Had a few Valvers in the past, so know I liove Clios.

Anyone gone from the GTi to a 182? Any advice?

I went from the MkV R32 to a 182. I thought the golf was boring in comparison, and not actually that quick. It did however feel more stable at speed, and certainly more refined, but I enjoy the feel and response of the 182. They're also cheap enough to take a punt.

2004 Racing Blue 182
I know what you mean when you say it feels more refined. I definitely don't find the GTi boring though, I suppose I find it a bit soulless though. It doesn't seem to have any personality. My EP3 Type R felt like an animal in comparison even though it was a standard car!

Looking forward to getting back into a Clio again I have to be honest. It's been just over a decade since my last one. My wife had a RenaultSport Twingo 133 for a couple of years and I absolutely loved that thing, Was proper gutted that she traded it in for a diesel Mk6 Golf!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ah okay.

It was on a car on my maybe list, but in a five door because Baby. Think decent ones aren’t easy to find due to age etc. Always liked them, jack of all trades type of car.

I currently have both gti for daily and 182 track car, both cars are worlds apart but both are fun to drive, the clio i love as you can just thrash the nuts off it and puts a smile of your face, the gti i do feel needs a remap to make it a bit more exciting tho.