ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup Front End into Mk1 Valver

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Bin that rack & fit the dci 1 as it's better but you will need a Valver power steering column as well.
Then it's just a case of fitting the appropriate track rods & ends

GasManLS7

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Bin that rack & fit the dci 1 as it's better but you will need a Valver power steering column as well.

OK thanks mate, any idea which inner track rods? At the moment my options are the ones that are on this manual rack or the ones on the dci rack. Which models had the power steering column too? Not finding any columns on ebay will try facebook.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
I fitted the ph1 Valver/Williams ones to my dci rack but because of the Bridgecraft bits you've got it'll depend on what the measurements are to determine which inners you'd need

GasManLS7

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Found a column I'll collect in next few days, looks to have two connectors though I was hoping I could just plug in power and it would work? Are these just for the ignition? Also which bits need welding/strengthening on these?

received_1024702295692826.jpeg

Front end coming along though, before:

Screenshot_20240604_134151_Gallery.jpg

After:

20240604_115059.jpg

20240605_123336.jpg

20240605_123325.jpg

GasManLS7

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

Do you use a power steering controller for the column or just run it as is? I've got one for a mk2 but can't see any for a mk1

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Do you use a power steering controller for the column or just run it as is? I've got one for a mk2 but can't see any for a mk1

I run it as is, just as a manual rack basically.
The reason for the pas column is that they're shorter than the manual column so it's just for fitment that it's needed