ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone good at maths

Can someone tell me what is costs per mile to drive a 182? My work pay me 25p but i think ill be losing out.

Base calculations on 30mpg and the price of Optimax fuel, whatever that is now?

Thanks all

ex Clio 172 owner :(

1 gallon = 4.55 litres.

So at 89.9p/litre Optimax costs £4.09 per gallon.

If youre getting 30 miles per gallon it equates to about 13.6p per mile in fuel.

But dont forget theres depreciation, wear and tear, tax, insurance to think of too.

i was rounding it (badly) sorry, i got an A at GCSE maths :D and say 13.6 at 90p a litre (it will vary slightly on how much you pay)

172 GTR

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 14 April 2005

1 gallon = 4.55 litres.

So at 89.9p/litre Optimax costs £4.09 per gallon.

If youre getting 30 miles per gallon it equates to about 13.6p per mile in fuel.

But dont forget theres depreciation, wear and tear, tax, insurance to think of too.

He is right. I just paid 90.9pence per litre though!

sounds very mean, go to the inland revenue site, it recommends the mileage charges companies should pay their employees, it is usually based on the engine size!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

Ive got a 172 mk2 and use it every day for work. I get 40p for the first 10,000 then 25p. I usually get 39mpg on average when im in work driving style.

It also depends how much you actually claim. cough.

Allan-

ClioSport Club Member

I did like 517 miles the other day
it cost me 46.71 for 2 fills and i still had 1/4 of a tank left, so if someone was paying me 40p a mile i would make a killing really
But i dont get paied by the mile i just put the fuel onto a card and the business pays it :(

I averaged 41.8 to the gallon thats but this was probably higher as i didnt take the fuel that was left in the tank into account

517 x 0.40 = 206.80 so a nice bit of money back on 40p a mile !
car parts are cheap on the 1.2, was 80 quid for 4 new tyres fitted (costco mitchelin energy)
all new pads and discs were £50
about 20 quid to service it every 3000 miles

belts servicing tax insurance probably about £2 a day cost i would say ?
being as its all dam cheep on a 1.2 :)

so if you are getting 25p a mile man you are going to need somthing nice and cheap to run else you will be taking some major losss