ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone got a Blackberry Pearl ?

Has anyone had any dealings with the Blackberry Pearl ?

As i'm tempted to get one of these Blackberry things and the pearl seems the smallest :)

Anyone got one and whats the good and bad things about it ?

Or know any going cheap.

I have seen them for £160..

Mr2 Roadster
I have one locked to T-mobile for sale.

Batteries on them are average to be honest.

Phone is a good size and it's nice to have decent email on a portable unit.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  Q8 E-Tron
Has anyone had any dealings with the Blackberry Pearl ?

As i'm tempted to get one of these Blackberry things and the pearl seems the smallest :)

Anyone got one and whats the good and bad things about it ?

Or know any going cheap.

I have seen them for £160..

I've got one locked to 02 for sale, yours for £65 posted SD, boxed and with all the stuff that came with it :)

SLK 350
Pieces of cheap taiwanese crap to be honest. My work one was falling apart after 6 months, if you really need a Blackberry (which you don't) I'd go for a Bold or failing that a Curve.

Why anybody would even consider one as a non-business requirement I've no idea.

SLK 350
Have you ever used a BB?

Sooo many better devices out there for your use. If you want a smartphone I'd recommend looking at the HTC variants, that is, if a Sony won't fit the bill.

Revels Mum & Sister
Pieces of cheap taiwanese crap to be honest. My work one was falling apart after 6 months, if you really need a Blackberry (which you don't) I'd go for a Bold or failing that a Curve.

Why anybody would even consider one as a non-business requirement I've no idea.

LOTS of people do and like them. Granted mine does pick up my Work and Personal Emails. However I use it as my only phone now (Bold). It sends texts, emails and receives calls and does ok on the rare occasion I need a browser, turn by turn sat nav works well. Job done.

I dont want and use all the gimmicks like the iPhone does (I am selling mine at present!) so it is perfect for me. Does it all in one device and well with a qwerty keyboard

SLK 350
I was commenting specifically on the OP's proposed device, the Pearl. As I said I'd recommend a Bold/Curve over a pearl anyday of the week, the Pearl while smaller is a PITA to type on, a BB needs a full keyboard IMO.

But with that said, I'd still not use one for a personal device. Myself and my 'team' at work (now (my Pearl is in a shoebox at home)) all use the iPhone now as a Business/Personal device and while it's lacking in certain areas, it's still a much more user friendly device - even my 7 year old neice can operate it.

Bit of a mixed reaction about the Pearl on here :(

But hey i bet its better phone than my Sony Ericsson C905 :)

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
tis a good phone, if you are going to make use of all of its functionality, like all phones.

some people still like the old Nokias, all depends on what is is for "fit for purpose" an' all that :)