ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone got a macbook?

Clio 172 Cup
Looking to get a Macbook or Macbook Pro for music production (along with a Firewire Audio Interface)..

Was wondering how useful the 13 inch screen is on the Macbook?

Cheers

I've had a Macbook for about a month now and I love it. The 13" screen is better than most laptops I've used. For me it's the perfect size, not too big and bulky but still big enough to do have a few windows open at once. Its crystal clear too! I was thinking of selling mine though as I need money. Pm me if you're interested. And apologies for sounding like a dodgy salesman!

B

Brown.

13 inch aint a problem mate.....been using mine every night for nearly 2 years, many a dissertation and many a video on night shifts......perfect lap size!!

Storm Grey 200
I went for the 17 MBP, its freaking sweeet having a big screen, but its a pain for carrying about, I'd go for a 15 as i find on the 13 its just not nice to work on with audio, imo.

Get a firepod aswell, i think its a FP10 now or something. Or an Mbox, then you can get protools on the go :)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I wouldn't want to be running logic or anything similar on a 13" screen, so you made a sensible choice by not going for it.

Firepod is nice too.

Storm Grey 200
Find out what they use on the course, i have/had a firepod, but now im using protools all the time so i had to get a Mbox Mini instead.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Im in the same situation as you mate, im looking at getting a Mac Pro, but im using my for graphic design work to and from Uni, so Ima go for the largest screen size I can afford Imo. 13 will be fine, but if your using it for work go for 15.

SchwepTek™
I have one and use it for Logic Express, Aperture, iMovie, etc. Defo need a bigger screen for Logic!

You know the new MBs dont have firewire?

Clio 182FF
Seriously, if you can get a Mac Book Pro (15" screen) it's worth the stretch. It's an powerfull little monster and a joy to use.

JJT

1.4 16v Dynamique+
Got the 13.3 inch macbook. even though it is a couple of inches smaller than the average screen found on other laptops the quality of it is amazing, best ive ever seen, its so clear. If ever im doing lots of stuff at once, i just use my other monitor and run dual monitor which is the best comprimise i feel.

M2 / Golf GTI
13" Macbook Aluminium here. My first mac and I love it. Don't really notice the smaller screen as it is so bright and crisp its just a pleasure to use. Can't knock it at all. Anyway, all depends what you use it for. Mines just for light use, few movies, music, internet browsing etc.