ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone got a strut brace and are they any good?

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
i was thinking of getting a strut brace if it will make a marked improvement in lessening the amount of body roll round corners.

has anyone on here got one and do you notice the difference?

Cheers

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
may save myself some cash then.
Are they any better if you pair front and rear ones

Sold the sport :(
A strut brace is only designed to stiffen up the front end so that the chassis does not flex. On my old Sunbeam rally prepped 1.6, I had an upper and lower strutbrace fitted and if definately made a difference to the handling - it was just a lot tighter all round.

Does the clio have the facility for a lower as well as upper brace?

Si

^^ why no to lower brace?? i know Whiteline does a lower brace and adj sway bar (18mm) for the clio. it helps to increase grip on the front tyres doesnt it? have a read at their main website under FAQ.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I seem to remember that there was stuff in the way so they couldnt be fitted unless you fancied cutting the subframe!! WWilling to be corrected though!

It helps on some cars but not other, same as any mod really

agree that some cars benefit compared to others on the same mods, say turbo and na cars.
but for mods relating to handling, stiffen the chasis etc, the theory applys widely to all cars.
whiteline seems to do a nice quality bit of kit for the clio models. http://www.whiteline.com.au/
have a read at the swaybar FAQ and tell me if you think whiteline has jus wasted time or it's a marketing gimmick. :)