ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone had a 182 on the rollers

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

LOL!!

First run, mine got 112bhp :confused:
Daves worked out at 184bhp at the fly I think.

I ran mine again and came out at 179 iirc at the fly, so really no idea what was going on with the first run.

Hope to get it tested again soon once the pro-speed is fitted.

Andy?? Any chance of another Saturday run? ;)

[Edited by CocoPops on 10/10/2004 10:06:10 PM]

Mondeo STTDCI

What sorta figure is that at the wheel.....

reason im asking is mate has had his ZR160 modded (xpower chip + zorst and summat else)...

dk

911 GTS Cab

ok, i cant really remember the exact result for cocpops, it was around 120 atw initially and then his second run was around 130 I think, mine was 142 atw I think which they worked out to be 184bhp but lots of people contested it and it ended in arguments but I was happy anyway.

Even though there was a difference in mine and cocopops figures we went for a burn and there wasnt anything in it so we werent quite sure what happened to Lees result?

I guess it all depends what RR you go to though as they will all be different, the only real purpose of it it go gauge what a mod does by testing it on the same RR.

[Edited by dave182 on 10 October 2004 at 10:09pm]

oh well, that took me ages to write as I am watching the Farm so sorry.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by hip_spasm on 10 October 2004

lol sh*t programme!
true, but Rob Van Winklebottom makes me laugh as he is such a typical up himself Yank!

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

Coco, yeah.. we can sort a saturday run for you.

we did a before power run with a 182 the other day.. had 183 bhp (calculated) with zorst and panel filter... (no other mods)... only 6000 miles though... so it will loosen up

Andy

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I got 181.9Bhp. at that dodgy RR in essex.

(138bhp at the wheels according to the RR)

but it had a missfire.

[Edited by Tomclio182 on 10 October 2004 at 11:43pm]

So have most 182 owners got their full allocation of engine power? :)

By the way, has anyone compared a 182 with Cup chassis to a 172 Mk II? Is there a marked difference in acceleration (eg. 30-50, 30-70, 50-70, etc)? And if so, anyone with comparative data?

One aspect I do not understand is why Renault have quoted the 0-62 mph time as 7.1 sec. Autocar has timed 0-60 in 6.3. Evo has done 0-62 in 6.6 (in wet conditions). Any comments on these irregularities? I understand that it might be related to how you run the car in. I remember Benr suggesting that you should probably rev the car from day 1. This is to get adequate engine seals. By caning the car from the start, does this ensure full compression ratio?

Lastly, CAR magazine suggested that the next generation Clio is likely to have 200 bhp with a 0-60 time in 6.5s. Does this imply that the all-new Clio will be significantly faster than the 182 Cup, both in terms of outright acceleration and handling? Surely RenaultSport cannot do this, otherwise they will dilute the RS Megane experience (& figures). What are the rumours surrounding this all-new Clio? So should I wait to upgrade my current 172 Mk II?

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by Andy GDI on 10 October 2004

Coco, yeah.. we can sort a saturday run for you.

we did a before power run with a 182 the other day.. had 183 bhp (calculated) with zorst and panel filter... (no other mods)... only 6000 miles though... so it will loosen up

Andy
Cool, I shall give you a call once I get the zorst sorted tomorrow and can allocate a spare saturday to pop up and see you.

Thanks,

Lee.