ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone had their inlets and remap done?

Clio 197 + Mrk 3 DCI
Im off down to the awsome JMS in November...v excited about having the inlets and a remap done.

Was wondering if anyone else has had this done. Not necessarily at JMS. What sort of gains did you get and as a whole and is your clio even more fun to drive that it already was ?

53 Clio's & counting
If it helps mine has not been remapped yet, but i have got matched inlets, it does feel a bit faster, but much more noticable is how smooth the car now is, pulls better at low and high revs, and has smoothed out the fabled '5k kick' , all in all a much more enjoyable car to drive, and really looking forward to getting it mapped

Insignia SRi
I had my inlets done elsewhere but had the remap shorty after at JMS when they first started up and its made a real difference. Cant fault the guys work either. I dont take mine anywhere else now and its a 120 mile round trip, thats how good their work is.

You will def notice a difference from having both done.

Not got a car
Im off down to the awsome JMS in November...v excited about having the inlets and a remap done.

Was wondering if anyone else has had this done. Not necessarily at JMS. What sort of gains did you get and as a whole and is your clio even more fun to drive that it already was ?

How much?

Clio 197 + Mrk 3 DCI
Their prices are £190 for the inlets fitted and £135 for the group N remap....... and im doing a 280 mile round trip :approve: Must say I am looking forward to it!

the 140mile back should wear those inlets in nicely.....

Last edited:
  Italian 3.2 V6
No offence to jms at all but I thought a custom map would be alot more suited n give better gains!?

But If there is only about 1-2bhp in it maby this route with jms is alot better bang for buck :S

pearlblack, u will have to post up before and after figures with a review of the difference once done ;)

Hope all goes well n i'm hearing more an more good feedback about JMS :D

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Well the inlets you could buy from JMS or any other tuner. get them mailed to your house. Very easy to fit.

The Group N remap they use is just a map from the RStuner that is produced by fastchip, so you could buy the box from fast chip for 180 quid, do the remap yourself. (very easy again)
Then sell the Rstuner box or keep it because it works as a diagnostics checker.

Saves you a 280mile trip.

Clio 197 + Mrk 3 DCI
Well the inlets you could buy from JMS or any other tuner. get them mailed to your house. Very easy to fit.

The Group N remap they use is just a map from the RStuner that is produced by fastchip, so you could buy the box from fast chip for 180 quid, do the remap yourself. (very easy again)

This is all very true, but JMS require a 1 for 1 when it comes to inlets, and posting/deposits is to much like hard work, The map may only be a standard one, but im also getting my head lights reconditioned by them for a fantastic price to, so I just want everything done in one go + the map is a Birthday prezzie from my wonderful girlfriend :cool:

03 clio 172
Ive had all the above done at JMS and the car does feel much better afterwards.

It will be worth the trip mate.

No offence to jms at all but I thought a custom map would be alot more suited n give better gains!?

But If there is only about 1-2bhp in it maby this route with jms is alot better bang for buck :S

pearlblack, u will have to post up before and after figures with a review of the difference once done ;)

Hope all goes well n i'm hearing more an more good feedback about JMS :D

A custom map will sometimes provide you higher peak figures by ever so little, but there is as always a lot more to it that. However it's your choice if its worth the £300.00+ outlay....

Personally for simple packages like we provide I think it would be a complete waste of money, however as soon as you start swapping cams, adding TB's etc a good live map can't be beaten as I'm sure you know....

The map we use from Henk has parameters designed to work with these sort of modifications, including decats etc as stated on the website :)

Figures wise I need to do this, maybe with Will we can arrange something with Surrey RR, get some rough numbers up...

Yup all relevant, although you should consider that not everyone builds track cars in there spare time - taking inlets off is simple for you; not so for people who don't dabble mechanically, but still want the gains of doing some simple tuning. I think you'll agree £40.00 is not exactly expensive for fitting.

Again people want the remaps without all the mi-larkey of using the equipment, risking problems and never needing the diagnostics. The RStuner gear is not exactly complicated, however search RStuner problem on here, you'll be surprised how many people have problems using them...

Last edited:
  Clio 197 + Mrk 3 DCI
Figures wise I need to do this, maybe with Will we can arrange something with Surrey RR, get some rough numbers up...

Nice one Tom

I do agree with what is mentioned though, I will be honest and say im not good with a spanner at all, Im a Desk hugger and sit looking at Microsoft SQL databases all day and dont have the confidence to play with the engine as the implications of it going wrong are not even worth thinking about. But when it comes to software and Cars, I dont want to mess anything up and its easier if I just get everything done at once by somone who knows what they are doing, and the best bit is....all for a good price

I dont want to mess anything up and its easier if I just get everything done at once by somone who knows what they are doing, and the best bit is....all for a good price

That pretty much sums up what James, Dan and I are trying to provide, I'd like to think we haven't been to far off the mark so far! :)

lol @ word on the street ;)

Trying to think of a Fast & Furious quote to fit, but hate the films so don't know of one :rasp:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
At our RR day matched inlets on the rollers didnt add a great deal to the outputs of the cars, most mildly modded 172's where getting around the 160-170bhp mark, not sure if they where remapped mind you. Bare in mind this was on a realistic rollers, not an awesome "I got 180bhp from a filter, de-cat and exhaust" rollers :)

Last edited:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
EA-CS-RR.gif

03 clio 172
oh, with my original dodgy cambelt they would mean bugger all as the car is totally different from it! According to the rstuner thingy the car was 92.5 KW and now is 110.56KW now. Not sure what that works out to bhp tho.

Clio 1.6L 16V
Hi there, how can you tune your ignition advance with the RStuner Kit?, do you have measures of your knock sensor?. If not I know that you can go to the dyno and tune the ignition by your torque but Im talking about doing it on the street, cheers.