ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone have a wireless sender and receiver ?

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Just a quick for you all please...

my parents have a new summer house at the bottom of the garden that they have a little 22" tv in, they would like to be able to watch their sky tv down there (without paying for sky multi room). I've googled a few transmitter things and have found this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003CYYR4Q/?tag=cliospnet01-21 does anyone have this one or any others they can reccoment?

The sender tv is aprox 25/30m Away from the summer house so it really needs to be wireless

Thanks

I looked into this for putting my sky in another room, but ditched the idea as the reviews were sketchy. These were HD though so the range was less, but 25m is a fair distance for that sort of thing. I'd be impressed if it worked reliably. Best off with a cable tbh.

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I'm the same some people rate them and have no problems at great distances, others don't and have problems when they are not far at all. Hmm, I think I may be pushing it at 25m

172 Cup
Ive had a couple of them and they are s**t. The end result in my experience is always lots of interference and generally not a pleasurable viewing experience. However, when I gave them to a friend, he can use them perfectly... I suspect that there are just too many WiFi signals in my area to get in the way. If there is not much WiFi activity going on, it should be ok - just dont expect amazing HD quality.

Like you've linked to, if you do get any make sure their the 5.8 ones and not 2.4. You'll have a much better chance of a decent signal that way with no interference from wifi.

Personally id either run a Coax cable all the way there if you could, that way the remote will work and the picture is pretty decent and won't change if someone walks in front of the sender and so on.

Infact if I was then going to run a cable id just run a couple of CAT6 cable down there and use HDMI over Ethernet and do it properly.