ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Surround sound/TV set up

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys, what sound systems have you guys got? I want to get something for the living room.

This is my current TV (if it makes a difference): http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00J32PA9W/?tag=cliospnet01-21

I currently use my PS3 as a blu-ray player and have a sound bar - which is 'ok' but would like to upgrade to a surround sound system.

Having looked on Amazon there seems to be two options: get a DVD/Blu-ray surround system or buy a speaker system. I'm quite new to this so would appreciate some suggestions. Budget, I'm not sure, say £300 max - I don't need a top of the range system, just something normal/good. I'm not a fan of these tall boy speakers - they look a bit intruding and cheap (I'd rather fit some speakers to the wall/behind the television). My preference would be to buy a speaker system, rather than a DVD home cinema sound system, as I'm perfectly happy using the PS3/Xbox as a blu-ray player - but open to suggestions.

Cheers.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
If you go to Richer Sounds, they'll sort you a 1 box Onkyo or similar AV receiver & speaker package for £300.

Then just run everything through the receiver.

AK

M240i
I need to sort mine out too, but it's completely alien to me.

Ideally need some sort to iPad / iPhone spotify playing functionality with an Xbox, Sky, TV and Apple TV sound. Sounds expensive.

Clio Trophy
with a £300 budget i would go with and onkyo sytem, much better than any kenwood,pioneer ect sytem you will get