ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone no about torque wrenches

PH1 iceburg
If i wanted to get a torque wrench for the wheel bolts would i need 1/4" or 1/2"?

What should they be set too for tightness? :D

Ta, Dan

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
I think the official spec is 105nm, over torquing excessively is not a good idea as you're asking for a fractured wheel nut. I always re-do mine if it's been in at a garage as they seem to whack them up silly tight.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
100 all round on every car for me. some people do them up far to tight it is rediculous.:S

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
1/2 Inch drive and 90Nm according to Autodata .

ROADWHEELTORQUE.jpg

It's A Reno
It doesn't really matter whether you use a 1/2", 3/8" or 1/2" wrench. As long as the required torque is in it's range, it will be ok.

If you are buying one, a 1/2" and a 3/8" is best as they have different ranges, but don't buy a cheap one or you may as well guess it.

Halfrauds torque wrenches are very good and are accurate.

LY 182
erm yes it does

a 1/4 even if it did go to that high, which none do, it would break before you got to 100 or so nm

3/8 same story

how tight depends on your cars version 100NM is good though most people don't realise how inaccurate there gauge is anyway