ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone owned HT53 HTY?

TomROW

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Ph2
Going to see this car later, it’s had 9 previous owners so I’m hoping someone on here has owned it at some point and flag if there was anything to know about it.

Cheers!

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Going to see this car later, it’s had 9 previous owners so I’m hoping someone on here has owned it at some point and flag if there was anything to know about it.

Cheers!
Definitely the right reg? Doesn't show any details with the DVLA.

TomROW

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Ph2
Haha.

It’s now on a private reg, that was the old reg on it until 2022.

Anyway, went to see the car - 3 hour round trip to see a “mint” car that had rotten sills, barely holding idle, struggling to find gears, dangerous to drive with the random camber on ever wheel…..9 hrs wasted this week based on lying adverts I’m starting to give up hope of finding anything.

TomROW

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Ph2
Yeh I have, Inferno too modified and Arctic too expensive.

Looking for something £3-5k, needs bits doing to keep me busy for 12 months that ends up being a £6-8k quality car I can then maintain and keep long term.

There must be a fundamentally sound car out there that needs a bit of TLC, but I’m spending so much time and effort (and money!) and still turning up rubbish.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Haha.

It’s now on a private reg, that was the old reg on it until 2022.

Anyway, went to see the car - 3 hour round trip to see a “mint” car that had rotten sills, barely holding idle, struggling to find gears, dangerous to drive with the random camber on ever wheel…..9 hrs wasted this week based on lying adverts I’m starting to give up hope of finding anything.

Would be worth sticking it up on here so members don’t waste their time also.

Clio
If it's the car I think it is I remember it new . Ended up inside our local Westfield for sale for a while from a 2nd hand car dealer.

Was a minter back then about 5 years old at the time with one of them funny font no plates

TomROW

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Ph2
Yeh it has the metal pressed plates in the boot.

Reg on it now is L3 GUF, advert says “10 months MOT” but I checked and it expires in Feb 25 so I guess that means it’s been up for sale for 5 months.