ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone running 195/50/r15s ??

I'm looking to put some PE2s road tyres on my new Speedline 15" 2118 purchased from D4VE.

Looking on the Mytryes website I can get the following;

Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 205/50/15 @ £88.90
Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 195/50/15 @ £52.60

Most people I've chatted to recommend the 205s, but the 195s are soo much cheaper.

Is anyone running 195/50/15? What are the pros & cons?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've a couple of sets of track tyres in 195/50/15 (and 195/55/15 I think)...

Can'tr say I've ever 'noticed' anything different of note about any of them.

For the cost difference you;'ve got there, 195s all day long.

Mk2 172
I've a couple of sets of track tyres in 195/50/15 (and 195/55/15 I think)...

Can'tr say I've ever 'noticed' anything different of note about any of them.

For the cost difference you;'ve got there, 195s all day long.

i run r888's in 195/50/15. cant tell any difference and can run more camber :)

M2 Competition
I found the car felt better on the 195's/ 50's.

Much more agile, found it felt a bit slower to turn in, and tramlined more on the 205's.

PH2 172
Hoping to pick up some 15s soon as my tyres on std alloys will need replacing in a couple of months. Are the PE2s still the tyre of choice for them then?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
There's so many options available, load more than on 16s. I've not run PE2s on 15s, but then I have a wierd choice in tyres in that I actually rate Yokohama A539s LOL so pay no attention to me!

PH2 172
There's so many options available, load more than on 16s. I've not run PE2s on 15s, but then I have a wierd choice in tyres in that I actually rate Yokohama A539s LOL so pay no attention to me!

Well I used to run Toyo T1R's on my old Puma, I much preferred them over Eagle F1's because of the stiffer sidewall. Plus a local fitter is a Toyo dealer and can do them for a very good price - so I may well try them first.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I ran my R888's for a few months as couldn't be bothered to swap over.

Took a bit of getting used to the exaltos afterwards:race: