ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone running a Quick release steering wheel??

Clio Cup 172
I'm contemplating changing my steering wheel and getting a snap off steering wheel boss, just wondered if anyone has run one for a while on a road car and do they think it's worth it?

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
I had one for a year or so on my corrado about 10 years ago now, I had it primarily as it brought the wheel an inch closer to me and was a bit of a novelty. Also use to take the wheel to work with me as a bit of a anti theft device as i use to leave the car in a dodgy area all day.

Is it worth it though? Well unless you have a reason for it, i'd say no not really.

Clio Cup 172
Thanks for the info guys, was speaking to a friend and apparently the insurance companies don't like to much because of the lack of an airbag.
Still haven't decided if i'm going to take the plunge yet though.

Airbag has nothing to do with quick release mate that is just aftermarket wheels in general. Mods friendly companies like Brentacre, Flux or Greenlight will be ok.

Thanks for the info guys, was speaking to a friend and apparently the insurance companies don't like to much because of the lack of an airbag.
Still haven't decided if i'm going to take the plunge yet though.

My wheel is added on my insurance and bucket seats, its obvious the air bags have been removed, they didnt question it when I declared them through Adrian Flux.