ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone selling a k tec sports cat??

renault clio 182
hey, i got a 182 with a decatted k tec straight through system ( not sure if its the supersport one or different one but its very loud and low tone) just wondering if anybody has /or knows of anyone selling a k tec sports catalytic converter second hand?

dont really fancy spending £300+ on a new one from k tec

thanks

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Sports cat will make minimal difference as a 182 standard cat is 200 cell. Best thing to do is buy a secondhand 182 cat and get the sleeve mod done on it like btb used to do. I've had a sports cat and 182 cat on my car (old 182) so I'm talking from experience.

renault clio 182
Sports cat will make minimal difference as a 182 standard cat is 200 cell. Best thing to do is buy a secondhand 182 cat and get the sleeve mod done on it like btb used to do. I've had a sports cat and 182 cat on my car (old 182) so I'm talking from experience.
hi mate, i considered getting a standard sports cat but my uncle is a mechanic and he suggested that maybe the sports cat on the k tec would be less restrictive on the pressure compared to what the standard one might be and i didnt want to buy a standard one incase it created back pressure cause it couldnt cope with the emissions.
maybe im talking s**t but i just wanted to get something i knew wouldnt harm the engine from the pressure as the k tec doesn't restrict that much pressure..

hi mate, i considered getting a standard sports cat but my uncle is a mechanic and he suggested that maybe the sports cat on the k tec would be less restrictive on the pressure compared to what the standard one might be and i didnt want to buy a standard one incase it created back pressure cause it couldnt cope with the emissions.
maybe im talking s**t but i just wanted to get something i knew wouldnt harm the engine from the pressure as the k tec doesn't restrict that much pressure..

Youll be fine with a normal cat, they were ment to be fitted anyway so no issue replacing it, sports cats are better flowing so will still pass mot and will give a bhp or 2, de cat if you want no restriction more noise no more real power gains that a sports cat , but will fail MOT

renault clio 182
Youll be fine with a normal cat, they were ment to be fitted anyway so no issue replacing it, sports cats are better flowing so will still pass mot and will give a bhp or 2, de cat if you want no restriction more noise no more real power gains that a sports cat , but will fail MOT
mine is de cat i guess its just a striaght through system from the manifold back with no center silencer and it is loud and from what i hear the k tec systems are one of the loudest, mines passed MOT (mate of mine of course) i'll have to look into the standard cat then..