ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone tried / trying Office365 ?

Rav4
Hi,

Just wondering if you guys have seen and are messing around with office365?

If you are, how do you find it?

Thinking of swapping some people we help out with from Google Apps to Office 365.

Alternatively, if anyone is using BPOS, would like to know too,

Thanks,

G.

Fiesta ST
I'm currently looking into this aswell as part of our cloud solutions. It be nice to link into sharepoint hosted solutions.

Rav4
Looks good, specially as a reseller, but it's not tidy enough just yet.

Some limitations on the small business package, but I can see many companies going with this.

How you getting on with it Longy?

Laberridge = no, it's lots of tools on the cloud, such as exchange / sharepoint / lync and some other things.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
We will be running it at work for all the students come september, rolling it out with windows 7 over the summer.

Some of the features it does look quite good. Things like the free basic office that they can get where ever they want (as long as they have internet...), less pissing about with pen drives so reducing the chances of a virus from them and online extra classes/instant feedback to students once the staff are on it could work well...
They will be getting 25GB storage and 10GB email and it's all a free service for us!

Rav4
realnumber1, it's actually not free, if you look at the small print, there is a lot of people complaining in the forums regarding this, specially if they are moving from edu@live, faculty staff apparently have to pay for it and so on. Not too clued up on it, just skimmed through it.

There are some studid limitations on the P1 program, which is just ridiculous. but it will improve, well, at least I hope so.

What are you using at the moment?

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
As far as I'm aware it will be free for us as far as students go (20,000 of them). They will also get to keep it for life once they leave college. I think where still looking into the staff side of things but it would be a benefit to it all if the teachers could use it alongside the students....

At the moment were running a Novel network with Zenworks 10 and Groupwise. It's a pile of s**t tbh and I'll be glad to not have to support it anymore. We've just started rolling out 7 to our self's (IT dept) and a couple of other sections and so far it seems better although we'll still be running Zen 10 to deploy bundles/images for now.