ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone Used FK1000p yet ?

Not a 320d
I have a tub and ill be using it this weekend, does it compare to anything, like Colly 476s ?

Wondering what its like to remove and apply.

db

db detailing™
A lot easier to remove than 476 and a total doddle to apply mate.

But thats not saying someone else wont be along to tell you something different in a bit!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Never used it but Collinites 476 isnt hard to apply or remove!!

Not a 320d
Never used it but Collinites 476 isnt hard to apply or remove!!

Well i disagree, 476 is a b**ch to remove, i use a turtle wax drying towel to remove it. Ive had 3 layers on my dad's car and it lasted a year mind. Im hoping FK isnt as bad.

Just finished applying it after a 2 day detail!
Rained over night when i had only applyed the fk1000p to half the car and beading was amazing! Very easy to use, only used a small dent of the tub after doing the whole car. Didn't really improve the look of the polishing stage tbh but it's ment for durability anyway.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Well i disagree, 476 is a b**ch to remove, i use a turtle wax drying towel to remove it. Ive had 3 layers on my dad's car and it lasted a year mind. Im hoping FK isnt as bad.

Use a slight spray of Quick Detailer and use a microfibre not a drying towel to remove it!!

Lol at 476 lasting a year! Highly doubt it my friend.

Megane R26
1000P isn't as durable as a lot of people make out though - mixed results over the past year or so, but it is better than most waxes out there (because it's a sealant ;))

I'd say the Colli is more durable, offering you a realistic 4-5 months. 1000P seems to be 3-4 depending on application conditions.

Apply a thin layer, leave it for 20 mins then remove. VERY easy to use.

Colli CAN be problematic to remove, but it seems to depend on your particular tin. I have two, and they are slightly different in terms of ease of removal...