ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anything I can do? HTC Customer Services and my Desire HD...

S3, Polo
Had an HTC Desire HD since March and have absolutely loved it.

However, my ownership hasn't been completely trouble-free:

In May, the GPS aerial failed to find any satellites. Under the 12mth warranty, it was returned to HTC, fixed and returned to me 8 days later.

In June, the power button ceased to function. Returned to HTC, fixed and returned to me 5 days later.

in July, the GPS aerial failed again... I notified HTC of the fault on the 8th July.

After a week with no idea what's happening (previously, I'd been asked about a suitable date for collection within 24hrs of logging the fault). I rang the call centre for an update...

Apparently call-centre Bod #1 hadn't logged the fault :mad:. I appreciate that mistakes happen: ok, no big deal. 3 days later, curiosity sets in and I give them a quick call just to make sure it's being handled properly and to ask why I've not been given a collection date yet. It transpires that call-centre Bod #2 hadn't logged the fault either... :clown: :rolleyes:

I took the name and extension of call-centre Bod #3 and ask that he personally follows the case. #3 logs the fault and I ask him to take note of how irritated I am. I have to spend a few minutes filling out a verbal customer satisfaction survey with him. Needless to say I'm not impressed.

The phone was collected by a UPS courier a week later, under the assurance that I'll promptly receive a new handset.

Today, I receive a handset from UPS. It is a refurbished unit (no problem if it's MINT - as mine was and as I've been assured it will be!) BUT it's been dropped and has some minor external chipping and damage to the alu body. Also, all of it's 'void' stickers are either missing, punctured or stuck to the outside of the handset? :mad:

Imagining that this essentially voids my warranty :dead:, I called HTC again and sent photos in to call-centre Bod #4 who is also dealing with my case personally.

What could/ should I expect as an outcome to this?? I realise that any action above and beyond getting me another handset is at the discretion of HTC but am I within my rights to demand a *BNIB* handset or should I press for some form of recompense for the inconvenience of the phone seemingly being with an HTC repair centre longer than fully-functioning and with me?

Or have I got to just bend over and "deal with it"?

Last edited: