ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anything that can protect paintwork from everyday chips ???

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Will wax protect the paint from chips or am I barking up the wrong tree ??? Perhaps I should just sticker the whole front of my car, every week there's a new one...

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Swanky, I think if that's the only complete thing available I'll just use yellow and black warning tape, give it that emergency look.

106 GTi
Wax wont doing anything unforunatley. A few of these paint protection type films such as Armoufend out there now. Someone said Halfords do it now too.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
cliokhunt said:
Will wax protect the paint from chips or am I barking up the wrong tree ??? Perhaps I should just sticker the whole front of my car, every week there's a new one...

There are companies that encase your car in a protective film - see the back of Evo mag, not sure if it's worth doing on a Clio though. Getting the area resprayed may be cheaper.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Cue said:
There are companies that encase your car in a protective film - see the back of Evo mag, not sure if it's worth doing on a Clio though. Getting the area resprayed may be cheaper.

Last time I checked, warning gaffa tape was £5 a roll....

ST
Or you could just f*ck it n drive it??

Nah i know where your coming from mate...i'm considering habving the film put on my bumper and bonnet at some point....

It works very well..my uncle had it done on his M3 and its been round the ring 4/5 times, good few circuits in this country and thrashed everyday all day since day one!! Well worth the £1250 he paid to have the full car wrapped in it!!