ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

apex springs

Renault clio 1.2 16valve
what damage can be caused using 60mm lowering apex springs in standard shocks any help would be greatfull

172 Ph2
what damage can be caused using 60mm lowering apex springs in standard shocks any help would be greatfull

You'll find increased wear on various componants inc. tyres but nothing too mayjor. Dampers will wear quicker too! The most damage will be to the handling of the car! If it's a RS clio then the harsh ride and short suspension travel of the apex will ruin it's ability on a b-road! Up to you, looks or performance?

Renault clio 1.4 16v
also the rear springs will drop out over hump back bridges cuz the shocks arnt long enought to keep them in

i disagree mate i have an rs and apex springs and since fitting the apex i have found the handling of the car to be excellent.. i have have various springs through my clio time and i actually rate the apex very very well...i know the ride is a little harsh sometimes but i have full confidence when throwing it into the bends

Breaking A 172 Replica
I agree with Clidge although I don't have an RS clio.

I have a 1.2 dynamique and I have spax 60mm lowering springs. Body roll is greatly reduced and the car handles much better.

Sam

Renault clio 1.2 16valve
cheers thanks for your replys what do you reckon is the main things to look out for when you just use lowering springs to lower your car any help would be great full thanks

Breaking A 172 Replica
Do you mean you need tips when lowering it yourself :S?

If so I would say get some spring compressors if you don't like taking risks.

Sam