ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aquarium Photography

These have all needed a fair bit of PP and are still dark, but at ISO800 they can't really be brightened up without a feck load of noise (and I've reduced a lot of noise!)...

3664735671_c746e48c19.jpg

3664735179_eb7cccc8dd.jpg

3664734843_bb13786d8b.jpg

3665536554_7c8da39302.jpg

3665533168_6808df0575.jpg

3665495996_0b7c9922cf.jpg

3664693423_e631f38436.jpg

Ian

Focus TDCi
Like you say, a shame that they are dark, but I guess a tripod wouldn't be much use in this type of situation; doesn't look like you could have gone much wider with the aperture either. I like that it's not obvious that they've had a lot of PP done to them though, quite a hard thing to achieve. :)

I've heard a few people rave on about a program called Noise Ninja, I don't know if you'd be able to acquire that?

Like you say, a shame that they are dark, but I guess a tripod wouldn't be much use in this type of situation; doesn't look like you could have gone much wider with the aperture either. I like that it's not obvious that they've had a lot of PP done to them though, quite a hard thing to achieve. :)

I've heard a few people rave on about a program called Noise Ninja, I don't know if you'd be able to acquire that?

Ideally I need fast glass, possibly in macro guise. I might try the sigma 55-200mm @ 55mm next time. That way I can get f4 instead of f5.6 with the kit lens.

I'll have a gander for Noise Ninja, the name rings some bells. TBF, CS4 did quite a good job at getting rid though.

Mk2 ph1 clio
neat image is supposed to be a great program to use. The free trial is the same as the full version .. without a photoshop plugin... just mean savin em and opening in photoshop or vice versa

Ian

Focus TDCi
Hmm it's hard to say! They look like small fish, but I don't really know; I'm sure extremeinferno will be able to shed some light.

They don't look quite as clear as yours; think that's probably due to handheld at slow shutter speeds at a guess, but the apertures are all quite wide and the ISO is right up.

I just stuck mine on manual and 1/60 or 1/80 with as wide as possible aperture and ISO800, then adjusted the exposure afterwards in PS to avoid the blurring. Could have gone higher ISO but IMO it' a big weakness of the D40.

mk 2 172
sorry i took i while to reply, they were shot with a 18-55 lens on a d60, cant realy remember the settings. probably just in auto as they were taken in very early days.

the fish a quite small (around 2")