ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Archs Rolled

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Got 17s on mine and think I need mine done too before I get it lowered. Had the same rims on my lowered RT and they scraped like hell over every little bump! On the bright side though - no back seat passengers!

If the jobs done properly they should put a sealant of some kind to stop paint damage. Not sure of a price though

got 17s on my RT and lowered a bit and its cuttin into the tyre over bit bumps!

got some new rear tyres comin jus need to archs either grind the lip away or rolled

Have heard stories of people heating up the paint before rolling the arches to stop the paint from cracking.

gonna get rid of the side strips, locks and get the archs rolled at the same time might as well or ill jus end up gettin it resprayed for no reason

jus need a price

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Mine cut rings round my tires!

I was never sure if it was the inner edge of the arch or around the bottom of thr sill that cought on it.

Its not a major job for rolling I reckon max £100 for your two rear archs

Mine never touched on the fronts!

Most people I spoke to said 130 an arch..

Rolling wont get rid of this problem tho - the problem Im guessing you have, which I have on my 195/50/15 is the inner arch lip inside..

but if u roll em and cut the lip off i spose!

well im takin it to a garage tomorrow to get a few quotes done!

i think samuari, Essex said £45 an arch nice lil xmas prez

i called up one company and they said they might not be able to be rolled due to there flat shape and cuttin the inner lip will cause em to rust!

Wahoo 3000 posts!

Quote: Originally posted by Essex_Lad on 25 November 2003

i called up one company and they said they might not be able to be rolled due to there flat shape and cuttin the inner lip will cause em to rust!

Wahoo 3000 posts!
Itll only rust after cutting if you leave the bare metal, as long as its done properly ie repainted then it should be ok!

i cant roll the rear arches on a RT

best way to do it is shave off the lip thats diggin into the tyre

dont go too far tho

well ive called x-treme in harlow and they cant do it due to it beign flat

samurai have said to take it down so they can av a look tomorrow

and im gettin a quote off blade street mods as they done Rayners rear chrs for his 18s