ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arctic Blue Detail

Honda & VW
After getting in contact with GTI6Steve following a thread he had put up asking for someone in Gloucestershire to detail his Arctic Blue 182 we arranged a day for the car to be dropped off for me to work on it.

Although the car was clean and tidy as you will see from the first two photos below (forgot to get a photo prior to the first jet wash down) Steve wanted it to be treated.

Like mentioned above the paintwork was in very good condition with minimal swirls/scratches but felt far from smooth and looked slightly dull.
I decided on Lime Prime as i felt the micro abrasives would be more than enough to shift these off marks. Added to this i love LP's ability to prep the paint in readiness for wax.

Process i took was as follows:

Jet wash down
Snow foam applied and left to dwell while i agitated dirt around the badges etc
Jet wash off
Visible Tar spots removed using AG Tar & Glue remover (Not the greatest stuff but aquired from a friend).
Washed using two bucket method with Megs Shampoo plus & sheepskin mitt
Rinsed down
Cleaned door shuts
Clayed (Forget make of clay) and lubricated using DJ Born Slippy - rinsed down after each panel
Re-Washed
Dried using the i4detailing uber blue drying towel (so want a Black Barron).

To allow the car to dry fully i decided to use the time to work on the interior:
Carpets/Mats vacuumed and cleaned
All surfaces wiped down
Interior Glass cleaned/Polished with AG Glass Cleaner (Personally i think it smells great).

DJ LP applied by Das-6 using Menzerna Finishing 135mm & spot pads.
Harly Wax applied
Glass cleaned using 3M Glass Cleaner
Plastics & Rubber treated with AG Vinyl & Rubber Care
Exhaust clean/polished with Autosol
Tyres treated with Chemical Guys Tyre Gel

I think that was it, photos below in order hopwfully although my Photobucket had a funny spell so i may have to edit:

When Steve came to collect it i was happy that he was so pleased with it.

DSC02556.jpg

DSC02557.jpg

DSC02562.jpg

DSC02563.jpg

DSC02566.jpg

DSC02569.jpg

DSC02572.jpg

DSC02573.jpg

DSC02575.jpg

DSC02578.jpg

DSC02579.jpg

DSC02584.jpg

DSC02589.jpg

DSC02590.jpg

DSC02592.jpg

DSC02617.jpg

DSC02626.jpg

DSC02637.jpg

DSC02639.jpg

DSC02649.jpg

DSC02651.jpg

DSC02652.jpg

DSC02657.jpg

DSC02658.jpg

DSC02661.jpg

DSC02662.jpg

DSC02664.jpg

DSC02677.jpg

DSC02679.jpg

DSC02681.jpg

DSC02683.jpg

DSC02689.jpg

DSC02690.jpg

DSC02698.jpg

DSC02699.jpg

Last edited:
  mondeo titanium tdci
i can not stress how good this fella is i would recomend him to any one i will always use him now spot on job

Audi A4 AVANT 1.9TDi
Very nice buddy.

Rate 3M's Glass Cleaner now? It's awesomes!

Lovely motor too - ace seats! (missing the trim above glovebox?)

Honda & VW
Very nice buddy.

Rate 3M's Glass Cleaner now? It's awesomes!

Lovely motor too - ace seats! (missing the trim above glovebox?)

Yep it's good stuff, rare to find something that does the job so well without spending a fortune. Did you like the mats/seats?

Boo!

Looks superb buddy, really good depth and gloss! Cracking colour, close to my own heart as it's a similar colour to my old Clio :)

Honda & VW
Boo!

Looks superb buddy, really good depth and gloss! Cracking colour, close to my own heart as it's a similar colour to my old Clio :)

Cheers fella appreciate your kind comments as well as everyone elses many thanks

Honda & VW
Want/need some kind of estate, Audi or Beemer. Put all my kit in the back of the mini on the weekend and it all only just went in (seats down).
Drove an A4 1.8t 190 recently and loved it, i'm done with little cars now - ready to have something bigger now lol

Honda & VW
that's exactly what i want lol
i thought the colour was denim blue?
Cheers for your responses via pm jim, can't respond ad your inbox is full.