ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lamborghini Gallardo LP560

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
So this booking was a last minute filler due to an M2 cancelling, as much as I do love working on newer BMW's I certainly wasn't complaining!

2008 model with just 18k odd miles! Cold start up is insane, certainly got the neighbours attention.

Here is a breakdown of the process -

Alloy wheels always first, they were new so didn't require chemicals, just a gentle clean with wheel woolies, wheel mitt with shampoo.

Bilt Hamber auto foam was then applied to the whole car and let dwell for a few minutes as I went round grills/rubbers/shuts with brushes and a spare mitt. A thorough 2bm wash with Valet pro shampoo and Carpro/ Dodo Juice wash mitts for the body.

Dodo Juice Iron fallout remover was applied to the paint, quite a fair bit did come out, pressure rinsed thoroughly with the Kranzle. Valet pro tar remover was then applied to lower panels and wiped away, followed by a rinse.

Another 2bm wash, rinse and dried off with the Blo Air GT, what a bit of kit!

Once inside, I do my inspection and take paint thickness readings with the Nex Diag smart ptg. She's had quite a fair bit of paint, so had to keep this in mind with the correction

Interior was cleaned first, fabrics cleaned with Autobrite Fab and extracted with the Bissel. Interior trim and headlining cleaned with Koch Chemie Polstar, leather seats cleaned and treated with Gyeon. Once the fabrics had dried out they were protected with Gtecniq V2 Fabric Guard. Interior trim dressed with Koch Chemie Refresh.

Engine bay was given a wipe over and dressed with Labcosmetica Hydra, brilliant stuff.

Numper plates removed, front plinth removed. A million sticky pads removed with a plastic scraper and tar remover.

Exterior trim masked up, alloys covered up with Gyeon wheel covers, badge on the bootlid removed.

Paintwork was then machine polished, Cartec medium compound was used for the majority of the process, needing to step it up a gear in places to deal with the heavier scratches. Sonax final finish was then used to finish up on my favourite 3M blue. Machines used - Rupes rotary Mk2, Rupes Bigfoot 12, Flex pxe 80, epic little thing! Spta nano polisher on a 2" plate and the Carbon Collective on a 1" plate + extension. Its just good to have options!

Panel wipe in between sets. Stand out stone chips touched in.

Moved out for a quick wash and blo dry.

Glass cleaned. Polished and coated with my favourite Gyeon View - Twice.

A final machine polish with the primer Carpro Essence on the Shine mate EX605 and again 3M blue pad.

Alloy wheel faces hand polished and sealed with Carpro Reload.

Exhaust tips cleaned with Autosol and fine wire wool.

Numper plates machine polished and re fitted.

Two layers of Carpro CQuartz went down (24 hours apart)

Exterior trim coated with Carpro Perl and Dlux. Tyres dressed with Perl.

The night before collection I apply Carpro Reload, I always leave the coating for as long as possible before doing this.

Final spritz of Opium air freshener applied to interior.

If you are still reading this far, well done! Not any correction shots as trying to capture perl white is so difficult!
lamboenginebefore.jpg
lamboengineafter.jpg
LAMBO26.jpg
LAMBO29.jpg
lambo18.jpg
lambo19.jpg
LAMBO22.jpg
LAMBO23.jpg
Lambo.jpg
lambo17.jpg

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
Out of interest, how long does that process take from start to finish??

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Stunning

although is the cleaning of a petrol cap really detailing🤣. I always give the inside of the cap a wipe