ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are my xenons too strong?

Black Gold 182
While driving on the highways, many cars signal me to turn off my high beams, even though i dont have them on. It seems that my lights are too strong, and it is true because they are aimed quite high. Are all 182s like this or is it something with my car?

probably the auto adjust not working probably unless they are lose... do they bobble up and down?

One of mine is lose and does this.

Black Gold 182
i dont use the autolight feature. the car is brand new. they dont bobble down or anything at all. it just seems they are set to aim high. you cant even lower them. wat to do?

Clio 172mk2
ye i normally get flash`d and cars hate it when im behind em on country roads n normally pull over for me , so gues it has its advantages

Da

Less
There is an allen bolt (iirc) that can adjust them on the rear of the headlight so you can lower the beam to a desired level.

RS 200
Just ignor them or flash them back to show your not of full beam.
Probably just the miserable gits out there that dont even know what Xenons are and complain about " these blue looking lights you see now a days "

Never had any one flash me when I've had mine on yet.

Chris

Black Gold 182
TELFORDS_LURK said:
Just ignor them or flash them back to show your not of full beam.
Probably just the miserable gits out there that dont even know what Xenons are and complain about " these blue looking lights you see now a days "

Never had any one flash me when I've had mine on yet.

Chris

Thats my point Chris, i have a feeling my lights are set higher than they should be. Its not about xenons or not. I do flash them back btw but its happening often.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Just flash the f*****s Bak. LOL. It's a game, I always keep my finger on the trigger! ha

To be fair i personally think certain HID lights are excessively bright for road use. I have many a time been blinded from looking in my rear view mirror to see an approaching car with HID's. Yet other manufacturers setups are fine to look at.

I have no idea why this type of headlight does not get the same level of scrutany as say 100w halogen bulbs which are not road legal yet less bright than many HID's.

Da

Less
Daz_2427 said:
There is an allen bolt (iirc) that can adjust them on the rear of the headlight so you can lower the beam to a desired level.
:rasp: :banghead:

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
I once had a couple of people turn round in the back of the car in front gesturing me to lower my lights after the driver was obviously complaining about me.

I stuck it on full-beam for a good 5 seconds until everyone was blind. They didn't turn round again!!

2002 Clio Sport 172
Daz_2427 said:

that is correct, they do have an adjusting bolt.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
The Bear said:
I once had a couple of people turn round in the back of the car in front gesturing me to lower my lights after the driver was obviously complaining about me.

I stuck it on full-beam for a good 5 seconds until everyone was blind. They didn't turn round again!!

Nice one.

AYE...

i usually get flashed when im bombing it up the A77 up the hill...from people coming down the other side...

i just ignore them, they are usually old men