ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight issues

Clio mk3 1.2 16v
Car is Clio Mk3 2007 plate 1.216V

a) Dipped headlight relay was faulty/burnt on old fuse box
b) Removed relay and drove car with only full beam for a while
c) Purchased new relay but socket in fusebox was partially melted so could not fit
d) Bought 'new' fusebox from you, and also new light/indicator stalk as there was a dodgy dipswitch connection and I thought this may have contributed to the relay burnout

After fitting a second hand fusebox and fitting the new stalk everything seemed to be working perfectly.Full and dipped beam, indicators etc.

e) First time driving after dark realised that main and full beam were working perfectly but no dashboard lights so could not see instruments.

f) When I stopped the car and switched off the ignition the instrument lights came on, along with the sidelights. Could not switch sidelights off and no main beam or dipped beam, though the main beam flasher still worked

g) Opened door, sidelights and instrument panel went off. (This was new behaviour, never experienced it before but perhaps it is normal).

h) Still no headlights, dipped or full beam, after restarting the vehicle.

Do I put the old fusebox back in and settle for full beam only rather than no headlights, or is there something else I can try? 'New' fusebox cost me £90 from Ebay, so keen to get my money back if there is no better suggestion.