ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

arghhhhhhhhhhhh

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
ok so we started fitting coilovers, all went wrong when the drive shaft poped out and emptied my gear oil all over the floor.
thwn we didnt have the right oil to put back in!

grrr

M

mini-valver

Not exactly the cars fault! Driveshaft came out of mine when i lowered it.....

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well we didnt have the right oil to put back in so got some thats too thick but apparently will be ok for a few 100 miles but ill change it tomoro

DUB mk2 golf gti!
least u dint let yet your uncle undo the top mounts and the spring holders,while u where in the toilet,therefore the spring shooting down onto the cv joint splitting the gaitor!

NEVER AGAIN!LOL

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
school boy/girl error taking the top bolt out but leaving the bottom bolt in where the shock slots into the hub .. then watching the shcok spring down and sideways poping the shaft out. then having a panic as it wont slide back in until you rotate the shaft in the time it takes to work this out you will empty the oil from the box lol.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
we lost a litre of oil looked more but its coz its so thin,

managed to raise the front now so im not collecting every tiny thing on the road up.

need to have it all set up as the arse is in the air but im in too much of a foul mood now to do anymore

BMW M135i
I've always took the hub bolts out first with mine and i've never managed to pop a shaft out, never really thought about it though so i'll be more careful next time!

Every job on the car always takes twice as long as you think, I remember when I fitted my alarm thinking it'd take me a few hours max. Started at 2 finished at 11.30 that night, had never fitted one before and it works so I was very pleased with myself. A trip to the fridge/pub is always in order after these ordeals.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Would it not of been easier to get them fitted at a garage Taylor? A lot less hassle and correctly set.

PH1_172
least you got it sorted in the end and when there all set-up it will look sweet and you'll be happy with the fact you dont it yourself

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
the 'mechanic' must really know what he's doing.........

lol

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
lol getting it sorted 2 moro, may have a bash now at lowereing the back? what u think is it likely to go wrong again?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
whats so hard with the rears, they are the easy bit?

what kit you runing?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
isnt there two collars that wind up and down? then once sorted just lock them togther?

if in doubt just wind them all the way down, it wont be too low ;)