ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Assassin's Creed Mirage

S-JM

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
So with Shadows due in November I picked this up the other week as I rarely game nowadays but I can't help myself when it comes to AC titles.

Has anyone else purchased? 3-4 hours in and impressed so far, a real ode to the older AC games which focus on stealth, completing missions undetected, sneaking around and clearing your notoriety. Looks pretty awesome too, however I've opted for performance mode as quality mode slows the frame-rate down a little too much for me.

Feels like the previous game such as Valhalla just went too far in terms of world size, collectables and combat, the franchise really needed to wind it right down to the basics of AC1 and AC2 which this feels a little more like.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still dipping in an out of Valhalla. I probably won't finish it tbh.
Might get Mirage if, like you say, it's closer to the originals.

S-JM

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Still enjoyed Valhalla, but just felt like every game was getting bigger and bigger and more complex than the previous. Started to lose the identify of what made the series what it was in the first place.

But then again I'm 4 hours in, I'll probably unlock a flaming horse, a sword that shouts insults at enemies and a devil costume next time I fire it up.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Struggled to get drawn in by any of the AC series really.

I still keep going back to Origins every now and then - just due to my interest in Ancient Egypt. But I'm still waiting for that 'pull'.