ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aston / Porsche Racing Pics

Spent a very hot day at Castle Combe today, didn't bother with too many pics but got a few of the Astons and a few others. One of the few N24s in existence was racing, gorgeous car and amazing sound...

N24 Vantage
188585160-L.jpg

188585215-L.jpg

V8 Coupe
188586174-L.jpg

DB4 Lightweight
188586181-L.jpg

and a few others...

Jade Trackstar
188588717-L.jpg

One of the 6 Ferrari 360 Challenge cars running in the Castle Combe GT Championship
188589720-L.jpg

996 GT3 R
188595266-L.jpg

Focus RS in the Castle Combe Saloon Car Championship
188588311-L.jpg

T

thecremeegg

nice pics, you got the high res versions of photos 2 and 3 you cousl send me at all?

ph1 172... Sold:(
Good pics, nice one of the Porker picking it's wheel up.

I heard that the N24's are street legal if SVA'd? That would be bonkers...

I also heard that Aston are really looking to push their race car production through this car, to privateer sports car racers and the like?

S

I heard that the N24's are street legal if SVA'd? That would be bonkers...

I also heard that Aston are really looking to push their race car production through this car, to privateer sports car racers and the like?

S

Yep that sounds about right from my memory, Aston can help with the SVA apparently. I'm sure Evo actually drove one on the road at some point.

I can't remember how many he said had been built so far, but it was well under 100.

One of the older Aston's in that race had been raced by the same guy for 32 years solid, and another was driven to and from every single race he ever drives in, crazy.

Chris Rea was also there racing his Ferrari, it's his favourite circuit apparently, random.

182, Milltek
Awsome pics ukaskew. What camera/lens you got out of interest (I'm in the process of getting a proper dSLR). I was there but only with a PAS.

That old V8 had a sexy rear...

CIMG2938.jpg

Awsome pics ukaskew. What camera/lens you got out of interest (I'm in the process of getting a proper dSLR). I was there but only with a PAS.

Nikon D50 (old school 6mp, discontinued now ;)), more importantly a Nikon 80-200 2.8 AF-S lens, and that had a Nikon 1.4X Teleconverter bolted on. Still not enough range really (could do with 400mm for most circuits) but ok I guess.

182, Milltek

Nikon D50 (old school 6mp, discontinued now ;)), more importantly a Nikon 80-200 2.8 AF-S lens, and that had a Nikon 1.4X Teleconverter bolted on. Still not enough range really (could do with 400mm for most circuits) but ok I guess.

Thanks for that. I will prob get a 300mm after testing a mate's, seems to do the job.