ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi TT 3.2 buyers guide?

Z4
I know a few of you lot have had them, so what to look for? Mk1, manual.

It's not for me, the missus.
I had a 225 and it bored me to tears, but the v6 does look & sound great, especially from the passenger seat!

Z4
Great, does anyone know when the timing chain etc should be replaced?
It's supposedly got a FSH, and it's on 65k

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
It doesn't have to be changed. They've just been known to "go". Most change them around 100k for good measure.
QS not an option? Guessing not if it's for the mrs?

Z4
Yeah it's totally an option, but they fetch a little out of her budget.
This is up for £6,400. Red, manual, Bose etc, FSH 65k. It's a little overpriced I'd say, probably worth 5800-6k?!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Red's great and for the miles it's about right tbh. Just knock a few hundred off.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They're awesome. Timing chains don't go anymore than any other timing chained car. Plenty on 150k plus without issues including the mechatronic unit in the box.

Buy one, a great all round car, flapper mod required and an updated head unit etc and you've got a great car imo. I loved mine. Red is a great choice.

You'll see the R32 has very very little issues it's a solid engine for something of that ilk.

My one minus the splitter I fitted.

3ae3a4630063c865814e236b51b68ad6.jpg

ed6646b8b26488250b57f1092609b9be.jpg

e6ba841360be72c3f185c0eb02bbfe8b.jpg

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Yeah it's totally an option, but they fetch a little out of her budget.
This is up for £6,400. Red, manual, Bose etc, FSH 65k. It's a little overpriced I'd say, probably worth 5800-6k?!

I sold my 2005 one on that mileage 5 years ago for £5200!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They've gone up in value. My 53 plate on 75k I bought for 4800 although it was a steal. Sold it to a dealer about 8 months later for 5500.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
But when you compare what 5 grand gets you, it's a lot of car and a proper engine. It's like the 8P A3s they're still silly money also.

Z4
I sold my 2005 one on that mileage 5 years ago for £5200!

That's mental they aren't worth that!

But when you compare what 5 grand gets you, it's a lot of car and a proper engine. It's like the 8P A3s they're still silly money also.

It is ridiculous that the values haven't changed/ gone up?! In 5 years!

But they're a desirable car still, and there'll always be a demand for good looking coupes with good engines. Hell, look at the mk4 R32, 2004 models are still up for 7-8.5k, personally I'd rather be in the TT purely down to the aesthetics.

I can't think what other cars that fit the bill in that price bracket?
350z I guess, but I don't think its a girly looking car in the slightest..

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I disliked the 350z and on here and through a few guys I know, anyone that owned one didn't keep it long.

In regards to the DSG version, it was a 30k+ car. 5k isn't that bad considering just how reasonable the running costs are.