ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

August Photography Competition - The Voting Thread

Vote for the best image that fits the theme

Votes: 7 20.6%

Votes: 3 8.8%

Votes: 20 58.8%

Votes: 1 2.9%

Votes: 1 2.9%

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Disappointed with the number of entries this month, thanks to those that entered however I thought there would be more :(

The theme was Sport, vote for your favourite photograph which fits the theme as always.

Voting closes in 5 days and the winner will get a special prize in the post and gets to pick a new theme :)

Matt_90.jpg

kliokid.jpg

dk.jpg

bensambrook.jpg

stu_172-cup.jpg

eugegall.jpg

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Any other month number 1 would walk it, however I had to vote for number 3 simply due to the Olympics.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I didnt bother trying this month because I knew someone who went the Olympics would win. Maybe others felt the same thus the lack of entries? 3 is a pretty poorly cropped/composed photo, yet it will still win. 1,2 and 5 are much better photography imo.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't enter as I didn't have time to get an entry in. I had a few ideas and drove to a few skate parks to try to get a shot and they were bloody empty. The great British summer hasn't helped IMO.
I've voted for 1. Would have been a shot I'd have tried if there was a decent jump spot near me.
Hopefully all will resume next month.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I didnt bother trying this month because I knew someone who went the Olympics would win. Maybe others felt the same thus the lack of entries? 3 is a pretty poorly cropped/composed photo, yet it will still win. 1,2 and 5 are much better photography imo.
im interested to know how you would have composed/cropped it please, for future reference so i can learn?

but just remember you are in an 80k person stadium, with 200mm and its low light and you only have an f4 lens, it wasn't easy shooting circumstances and i wasn't at the front with the press, but I'm obviously interested in how you would have cropped it, as i thought it would be interesting to show the camera people left and right, so I'm not sure what i would have done differently.

You may well be right but i also accept DK's comments above.

That said it would be kinder to all concerned to critique a photo after the comp has ended so as not to affect voting, though I do realise in this instance DK's already walked away with the prize so why not draw a line under this and give us a few extra days for the next comp mods?

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'd completely forgotten about this and I've not been contacted, I think it's just fizzled out :(

Ill have a think for when I get the pm ;)

dk

911 GTS Cab
Ok, I've got a couple of suggestions.

Thinking tranquil or smooth as glass.

Not sure if they have been covered before though.

This was exactly why I didn't bother

Number 2 is a superb photo, well timed, technical, excellent DOF - would have got my vote

I knew an olympic shot would win so didn't really want to waste time entering, same reason I've not been on flickr cos I couldn't stand all the exact same shots from people in the crowd lol

I'll have a crack at this months :)