ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto-adjusting headlights

350z, Subaru Legacy
Have 40mm apex lowering springs fitted to my 182 as a temporary mod until the coilover fund is ready :).

However, it appears that my car thinks that the back end is under load and the headlights are now pointing straight down at the road!

Since I have the auto adjusting lights, I can't see an obvious way of raising them... :S

Any ideas please? Anyone else had this problem?

Nissan 350z
Just use an Alan key on the top of the adjuster motor to lower the headlights (its the clear looking plastic one). The car isnt intelligent so it wont constantly adjust it only knows to take the current height and raise it by X to match the rear beam. If you set the headlights lower it will still raise by X but now X will make them lcorrect instead of high :)

350z, Subaru Legacy
had a go at this with the car facing a wall at night, didn't seem to adjust height which ever way i turned it. :(

The O/S headlight did make some servo noises while i was turning the allen key at one point, but I can't work out which way to turn it to actually make any noticeable difference... hmmm

Nissan 350z
Park on a level surface facing a wall about a cars length away. Turn the car off. Adjust one of the motors and i mean about 20 full turns of it (its not a quick process lol). Turn the car back on and compare that headlight with the other to see which way you have adjusted (up or down) and adjust accordingly.

Nissan 350z
And to clarify you are adjusting this (see attachment).

Attachments

• photo040a.jpg
    photo040a.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 57